All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what to do with a tortilla
      #308402 - 06/02/07 01:54 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

I know this sounds ridiculous. But I always used to make quesadillas or fajitas. But now they make me sick. What can I do with a tortilla?

I've tried with peanut butter-that was not very good.

I've tried putting turkey on it and rolling it up.

I haven't found a cheese substitute I like, so even a simple cheese quesadilla is out.

Any brilliant (and simple) ideas?

Carolyn
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

How to make tortillas taste better new
      #308413 - 06/02/07 05:35 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I have found that, with few exceptions, foods wrapped in tortillas always taste better grilled or sauteed to brown the tortilla and give it a little crunch. I used them in place of buns when I have burgers. Have you tried any of the pepper jack soy cheeses? You can add other things to your quesadilla like chicken pieces, rice, vegetables, spices, herbs. I have actually tried them with PB and sauteed them and I though it tasted pretty good. I don't think it would taste good cold, though. Oh, you can make pizzadillas, too. Just throw your pizza ingredients in with your "cheese" and sautee/grill. If you can handle egg yolks, try scrambling a couple eggs, put them in a tortilla, add soy cream cheese, wrap it up like a burrito and sautee it. It's pretty good. My husband thought it sounded gross the first time I told him about it but now he's hooked on them, too. You can also bake your tortillas and turn them into chips (I haven't mastered this yet) and dip them in whatever it is you like to use.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: How to make tortillas taste better--one more question new
      #308583 - 06/05/07 09:41 AM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Thank you so much for your ideas. I'm excited to try them!

Just one question: how do you grill them? Actually on a BBQ grill? Ours is very large and I don't know how to use it! lol

Thanks!

Re: How to make tortillas taste better--one more question new
      #308623 - 06/05/07 04:24 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You can set them right on a BBQ grill. Just make sure that they are wrapped tightly and that they are large enough to not fall through. I cooked everything on a grill for about 6 months a few years back. I was living somewhere where we had no gas, so everything was microwave or grill. No electric oven. I found out that, with a little creative genius, anything can be cooked on a grill. And it tastes good!

I've never tried broiling them, but it might work. Just keep an eye on them, they'll burn fast. If you broil them on a rack and flip half way through, it may be similar to grilling.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

There's always Fajitas..... new
      #308714 - 06/06/07 08:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I often sautee up some chicken breasts in a non-stick pan or on the BBQ after marinating in FF Italian dressing. Then, I sautee up whatever veggies you can handle - I like some peppers and onions, again - non stick, and throw them in. Then, with a touch of salsa and some soy cheese, they're pretty good! Just make sure you keep the veggie portions small - Otherwise it's harder to digest.

Sometimes, for a variation, I do an oriental version. During the last few minutes of sauteeing a plain diced chicken breast, add a bit of hoisin sauce, and stir to coat. Add sauteed veggies, and coat as well. That way you don't miss the cheese. I even add some rice sometimes for extra SF, and boy are they yummy!

Oh, and for a quickie lunch - add some FF turkey breast, FF mayo, lettuce, tomato (if you can handle it), etc. Roll it up and presto!

Tuna/chicken salad - flaked meat, a few tablespoons of mayo, relish, mix well, add some lettuce, and roll into a sandwich wrap. Dice any veggies you can handle, as well. Also, you can add cold rice if you need more SF.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Tuna tortilla new
      #308721 - 06/07/07 05:35 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

One of my favorite fast tortilla recipes is this one

Put a little fatfree (maybe even eggfree) mayo on a tortilla, put some tuna on it out of a can. Slice a cucumber in half, get the seeds out of it. Slice the cucumber in very small slices. Slice a yellow paprika (I think you Americans call it a pepper right?) in small parts too. Put a few of the cucumber and paprika on the tortilla, some pepper, salt, maybe lemonjuice. Roll it up and eat up! Its yumm and made very fast. I eat it 2 to 3 times a week at lunch

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review