All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Chicken Nuggets/Oven Fries new
      #3422 - 03/20/03 05:12 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I meant to post that earlier. Of course I was thinking you could add soy parm and seasonings to the bread crumb mixture. I have made oven fries with a crinkle cutter and they looked just like fries and for some reason my kids couldn't get enough. If I make oven non-french frie looking roasted potatoes they will barely touch them. Go figure.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any moms on here with ideas for this? new
      #3426 - 03/20/03 05:30 AM
kidswithIBS

Reged: 03/17/03
Loc: Ill, USA

Thanks - the food shapes is pretty good. My kids ages are 5, 6, 8,9,11 yo. what ideas do you have for sauce on spagetti thats not red or fishy?

Re: Chicken Nuggets/Oven Fries new
      #3427 - 03/20/03 05:32 AM
kidswithIBS

Reged: 03/17/03
Loc: Ill, USA

Thats a good idea!

#3428 - 03/20/03 05:39 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Do you have Heather's book Eating for IBS? She has a lot of great looking pasta sauces in the book. As a kid, my family and I ate fettucine alfredo--Heather has a recipe for Fettutcine with Creamy Butternut Squash Sauce (page 216). If that sounds too fancy for your kids--you might want to try using the mac and cheese recipe and varying it (maybe add parm. soy cheese to make it more like alfredo sauce?) Good luck--and if you don't have Eating for IBS let me know and I'll pass on the recipe!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3430 - 03/20/03 05:51 AM
torbetta

Do a search for alfredo sauce. Heather had a link on here and it is really good. I made it last week and my girls loved it. I ran out of soy parm. so I left it out. I added shrimp to it and shrimp has to be their favorite. Who thought kids would love shrimp?

Re: Any moms on here with ideas for this? Thanks Torbetta! new
      #3431 - 03/20/03 06:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This recipe from the link sounds YUMMY! If only I could find Kosher soy cheese...Thanks so much for your help!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: kids ,diet, menus new
      #3478 - 03/20/03 03:40 PM
torbetta

I made pizza tonight for my daughters using English muffins. I made my own sauce but I know one of your kids can't have tomato based sauces. I don't know if this would work, but my kids love dressing so I was thinking maybe a creamy soy dressing or fat free ranch might work. I will have to try it. Anyways, I put rice cheese on mine, reg. moz. on theirs and baked it at 400 until cheese melts @ 10-15 min. I found the broiler worked better for the rice cheese, plus I like it crispy.

Re: Terrific Tortilla Coins new
      #3484 - 03/20/03 04:09 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! I remembered something else today. I saw this in a Kraft magazine about a month or 2 ago. I think it was in an article about different/new lunches to send kids to school with. (I actually want to try it myself. )

I would just sub the whole wheat tortilla for a flour tortilla & cut back on the peanut butter. Does anyone know how much peanut butter is okay?

Here's the link: Terrific Tortilla Coins

Mags

Re: kids ,diet, menus new
      #3529 - 03/20/03 08:18 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

KWIBS - was just going through The Baker's Catalogue and I found some neat cookie cutters that you could use for cutting their foods--not necessarily for cookies. One set is in the shape of zoo animals, nine tin cutters for $12.95. The animals ranged from baby elephants, giraffe, kangaroo, camel, lion, hippo and rhino, mama elephant. Sizes are 2 in to 3-3/4". Toll free #800.827.6836 or www.bakerscatalogue.com; www.bakingcircle.com

Also in the same book (and websites)are acyrlic cookie cutters, 100 of 'em, in the 3 to 4" size range; numbers and letters smaller. They have stars, teddy bears, dinosaurs, bicycles, sailboats...every shape a kid could need. Cutters are 9.95. They also have FooDoodler markers, broad tip felt tip pens to color cookies you make with the cutters.

Kinda makes me wish I was a kid again. They didn't have this cool stuff when I was young.

Have fun and hope your kids like 'em if you buy 'em.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Terrific Tortilla Coins new
      #3577 - 03/21/03 07:37 AM
torbetta

Hey thanks, my kids will love these. Have you ever baked tortillas in the oven. They are so good. I cut them up and put on a baking sheet, baking them at @350 for 10 min. Not sure of the time, I just keep checking them. If I run out of baked tortillas this is a quick replacement plus they usually cost less.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 45815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review