Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stephie's Favourite (Salmon/Chicken) Marinade
      #300437 - 02/21/07 04:56 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I thought I would post this recipe and I absolutely LOVE it and have been using it quite a bit lately. I usually use it on salmon, but it also works on chicken and I'm sure it would be good on any white fish as well.

I am really, really bad with measuring so I have put the amounts in blue because they really are just guesses but I think it's pretty close.. for the most part..

Indredients:
Soy Sauce (About 3 Tbsps)
Minced Garlic (I usually put about 1.5 cloves)
Brown Sugar (About 2 Tbsp)
Minced Ginger (I usually crush a peice a chunk that gives me about a Tbsp I think. You can add more or less depending on how "gingery" you want it, I think)
Lime Juice (I use the juice of almost a whole lime, and just save a little for squeezing on after it's cooked. It's the lime juice that makes it really tangy and that's the part I like so you could use less if you don't want it quite so tangy).

I usually mix this up and pour it over the salmon (or chicken) and set it in the fridge for about an hour-two hours when I get home and then put each peice in foil and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees until salmon is flaky or chicken is cooked through (usually about 40 minutes).

I like to make extra sauce, especially with salmon, as so much of it gets soaked up and it is really good on rice, mmmmm, yummy!

Cheers!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stephie's Favourite (Salmon/Chicken) Marinade new
      #300683 - 02/24/07 06:07 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

I was wondering about store bought mariandes, so I'm glad you posted this, now I can make my own. Thanks alot.
Shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 333 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1316

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review