All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting Stable Recipes
      #300407 - 02/21/07 11:46 AM
figure8

Reged: 02/20/07

I am looking for recipes to help me survive nutritionally and sanely the getting stable phase. I am not used to soluble fiber, and need some tweaking here.

Have Vita Mix, will use.

Any ideas, especially on getting protein? Brown rice powder is out during this phase, isn't it?

Any help is appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting Stable Recipes new
      #300470 - 02/21/07 10:01 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

At first, I basically lived off grilled chicken and white rice. It was boring, but it helped me stabilize pretty quickly. Here are a few of my favorite recipes that helped me as I was stabilizing.

Lots O Veggies Soup

Teriyaki Chicken stir-fry (you can also use shrimp instead of chicken... just saute the shrimp with a tiny bit of oil and some soy sauce and throw it into the mix)

An old post of mine with some meal ideas

Another similar post

Hope this helps!

#300514 - 02/22/07 11:14 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

The brown rice powder is fine. It won't bother you. Rice milk is also made from brown rice. I used both in my initial stages of getting stable, and still do.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re:Julie qquestion about tomtoe sauce? new
      #300529 - 02/22/07 03:38 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi i was reading your post about only being able to handle amys brand s-sauce. One of my big triggers is tom in s-sauce or pizza sauce i can handle ketchup but thats about it. Give you give me more insight on this thanks!
Emmasmom
ibs-c

Re:Julie qquestion about tomtoe sauce? new
      #300564 - 02/22/07 10:14 PM
Julie E

Tomato/tom sauces are not a horrible trigger for me. They just tend to leave me feeling acidy and maybe have an unsettled stomach, etc. Don't know if maybe it's the canned tom sauce or the over-processed pasta sauces or what, but they didn't make my tummy happy. I could only eat a tiny bit with a lot of pasta. With Amy's pasta sauce, I can have a much larger "normal person" serving with no bad effects at all. I also recently discovered Amy's salsa, which is REALLY delicious... some of the best I've tasted... and I eat it almost every single day! Yum!

If you are especially sensitive to tomatoes, you may not be able to eat Amy's either, but maybe it would be easier on your tummy. Worth a try!

#300583 - 02/23/07 07:51 AM
figure8

Reged: 02/20/07

Thank you Lisa Marie and Julie. I look forward to having more to eat!

Re:Julie question about tomtoe sauce? new
      #300666 - 02/24/07 01:13 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thanks I can have ketchup and fresh tom. I was wondering about the amys brand as well. I just can't find it any were.
thanks again
Emmasmom

Re:Julie question about tomtoe sauce? new
      #300668 - 02/24/07 01:18 PM
Julie E

I usually purchase it at Publix or the HFS. I haven't been able to find it at Kroger or Walmart. Try calling around to a few higher-end grocery stores or a HFS to see if they have it. The Family Marinara flavor is best. You can also buy it online from Amy's Kitchen.

#300669 - 02/24/07 01:58 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I ate a lot of Kree's Crockpost Chicken Stew when I first started out.

Heather's Simple Herb Baked Chicken Breasts from the EFI Cookbook are quite good. You can serve them with plain rice or with Skinny Mashed Potatoes.

I love MCV's Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes. They're yummy with everything and particularly good with Shell's Oven-Fried Honey Chicken.

Since I'm IBS-D, these recipes are mostly heavy on SF and light on IF. If you're at the point where you want to add more IF, take a look at something like Persian Rice Pilaf - I usually add even more raisins than the recipe calls for.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3885

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review