Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
easy friendly SQUASH/PUMPKIN recipes
      #299702 - 02/13/07 08:02 AM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

Hello all,

I am newly working on the ibs diet and am having success. I am looking to add squash or pumpkin to my diet...Two things that I have never eaten before. Im wondering if any one has any quick and friendly recipes for these ingrediants? besides boiling and mashing them...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: easy friendly SQUASH/PUMPKIN recipes new
      #299709 - 02/13/07 09:05 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I like to take an acorn squash (the ones that look like acorns, green with an orange spot sometimes, kind of small-ish), cut it in half, get rid of the seed, fill with a tablespoon of sugar or brown sugar and cook.

To cook, fill a caserole with 1-2 centimeter (that's less than an inch) of water, put the two halves of sqash, fill with sugar (you could use honey if you can tollerate, but I prefer sugar in general, tastes better), cover and bake at 400 degrees (fahrenheit) until it begins to brown a little at the edges.

Edited by Jeio (02/14/07 09:37 AM)

#299761 - 02/13/07 09:32 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

thank you very much, im all for taking control of the ibs, not knowing how to actually cook is posing a major problem

#299799 - 02/14/07 09:35 AM
Jeio

Yeah, I hear you... I was the same when I first found this site...

I learned to cook, through the recipes on the index and through digging in the internet for recipes and converting them. YOu learn a great deal from IBS.

Otherwise, what I LOVE doing with sweet potatoes is a sweet potato and pecan pie. Look for a recipe in the index or generally online (pick one with less fat, or just ommit most of the fat, and replace eggs with two egg whites). It's the kind of thing you eat on thanksgiving, less the butter, LOL. Velin (husband) loves it and complains when we don't have any at hand. I only like how it works with sweet potatoes, though, ordinary squash doesn't work.

Sweet potatoes are a kind of squash, btw, LOL

#299800 - 02/14/07 09:37 AM
Jeio

Oh, btw, when I wrote about the water in the caserole, what I meant was 1-2 cm of water. THat's like 1/3 - 2/3 inch (I am not being mathematically exact), less than an inch. Sorry, I tend to think in the metric system.

#300048 - 02/17/07 03:27 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

There is a spaghetti squash. On the inside are strands just like spaghetti (I got mine at a health food store.) You can use it that way too, sauce and everything.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review