All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I just want a pizza!!!!!!!!!!
      #298489 - 01/30/07 05:22 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

I spend a big portion of the weekends cooking and baking for the week ahead, not to mention cleaning up the mess. Sometimes I just want to throw it all out and order a big cheese pizza! Am I alone in my Pappa John obession? How do you deal with the cravings for trigger foods?
shannonm
p.s. I have subs for most of these foods, but sometimes you just want the real thing, minus the pain of course, what do you do?

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I just want a pizza!!!!!!!!!! new
      #298498 - 01/30/07 06:05 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I either make my own (with the good ol' breadmaker again... ) with rice mozzarella cheese (I personally prefer it over soy), or order pizza with no cheese and eat it like that, or throw some rice cheese on it and put it in my toaster oven for a min to melt. That's what I do anyway.

Honestly, when I look at regular pizza now, it grosses me out with all the grease floating on top, pouring off. Bleck! (I've trained myself to think this way! )

#298502 - 01/30/07 06:37 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

The tomatoe sauce doesn't hurt your stomach? I've never heard of rice cheese, can I get it at the HF store? I've tried soy cheese it's not bad, but I'm willing to try different things.
shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

#298504 - 01/30/07 06:52 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

No, luckily I'm ok with tomato sauce. I've gotten rice cheese at Whole Foods, Wegman's, and the HFS.

#298513 - 01/30/07 07:44 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

I make my own pizza at home. I use Toffuti soy cheese in mozarella flavor--not the greatest but the Ragu pizza sauce, fresh veggies and crispy crust overpower the soy cheese flavor. I recommend Mama Mary's pizza crust. I buy it at Albertson's. I am not sure where you live but that is just a regular large chain grocery store in Southern Cali. Bake it in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Believe me it is good and satisfies my cravings.

#298517 - 01/30/07 08:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Tofutti has a pretty good cheese pizza. And like the others, I make my own at home. I use Soy-Sation or Veggie soy cheeses.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#298535 - 01/31/07 06:27 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I hear ya i feel the same way all the time. But I can't have the sauce! So me and my husband come up with mexcian pizza we buy are crust at sams or aldi's there fat free and msg free and we put refried beans on the botttom some cooked chicken fresh mushrooms bl olives and some toms (seeded) and I put real cheese and his have and leave mine plain and bake it its really good and I don't miss the chesse (sometimes) But I do longer for little cesar and frozen quick pizza as well. Hope this helps! Emmasmom

#298614 - 01/31/07 05:35 PM
melissamh

Reged: 01/31/07

i hear ya!!! i just started this diet and am already bored. gotta check out these recipes:)

#298663 - 02/01/07 11:40 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I HAD to laugh when I read your subject line: I said the exact same thing to my husband when I got home from work yesterday!! He thinks I'm nuts, but I really miss Papa Johns pizza, too! Cooking for IBS can sometimes be a lot of work.

However, pizza is one of those things that I've learned something about: it seems like a good idea at the time, but I always regreted eating it afterwards - even before beginning the EFI diet!

We make pizza at home once in awhile. Pita bread makes great mini-pizzas!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#300672 - 02/24/07 02:30 PM
EWyse

Reged: 02/23/07
Loc: Alabama

Me, too! The Veggie Shreds I purchased says its lactose and gluten free, but the ingredients list casein (a dried milk protein), enzyme-modified cheese flavor (cultured milk, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), butterfat and a multitude of ingredients I cannot pronounce! My question is ... IS THIS A SAFE FOOD? And because it's soy-based is it considered SOY, which is safe? It lists no fiber at all; 70 calories (1/4 cup serving), and 4g total fat (1g polyunsaturated and 2.5g monosaturated fat) .

Help!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review