All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
CHEWY SPICED BISCUITS
      #296034 - 01/11/07 07:24 AM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Ok first time I've posted a recipe, I'm hoping the fat content of these is ok! If anyone could work out the nutritional content of these for me I'd be most grateful!
You'll have to excuse the fact its all in grams but in the UK we use pounds and ounces!!

CHEWY SPICED BISCUITS

75g Canola Oil
85g Brown Sugar
350g Plain Flour
6T Golden Syrup
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Mixed Spice

Place the oil, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until its a loose consistency. In a seperate bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and spices. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix, it should start to form a dough. Knead till all mixed and roll into balls (should make 16) place on a greased baking tray and bake at 270 for 20 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool and enjoy!!

N.B They are very hard on the outside but chewy on the inside so watch your teeth!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bump-CHEWY SPICED BISCUITS, Safe? new
      #296223 - 01/12/07 03:36 AM
susieannah

Re: Bump-CHEWY SPICED BISCUITS, Safe? new
      #296232 - 01/12/07 06:55 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't know grams well at all, but it looks like the oil is less than 1/4 the amount of flour and so I figure that is like saying 1/4c oil per 1 1/4c flour. My guess is that it is right on the verge of being safe to eat alone- probably not for some but ok to eat alone for others. I could be way off, but I would guess 40% fat.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

conversions new
      #296236 - 01/12/07 07:04 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I went to a conversion site and figured it out. About 1.5c (little more) flour, little less than 1/3c oil and little more than 1/3c brown sugar, plus the 6 T (again about 1/3c) syrup. This is similar to the cookie recipe on the Irish oats box that I have been looking at.
So according to calorie counter it is 38% fat. I am getting good at guessing!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: conversions new
      #296282 - 01/12/07 11:22 AM
susieannah

Thanks!!! Do you know how I can calculate the calorie content? I'm useless at these things! So I'm guessing the fat content is a bit high but I've been fine so far and my god they're good!!!

Re: CHEWY SPICED BISCUITS- calorie help? new
      #296351 - 01/13/07 03:08 AM
susieannah

Can anyone work out the calorie content for me, please

Casey (Genius) could you work out the calories for me please? new
      #296596 - 01/15/07 08:10 AM
susieannah

You always seem to know how to do it and I dont know where to start! Please, please, thank you, thank you

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review