All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BORED WITH EATING!
      #295935 - 01/10/07 01:57 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Help please I am some what new here and i have search the recipe bored and found some good stuff but my stomach is so if when it comes to spices and gas! I am tired of chicken and turkey burger every other day. I want some quick and easy foods I am tired of rice & pasta every other day as well I need some flavor and snacks all i eat is pretzels fruit breads don't see to agree with me. I just need some help thanks! Emmasmom

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BORED WITH EATING! new
      #295945 - 01/10/07 03:06 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If you tell us some of the things that you'd like to be eating, we can help you modify the recipes.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: BORED WITH EATING! OK HERES MY LIST! new
      #296099 - 01/11/07 12:47 PM
emmasmom

Mac & cheese - soy upsets stomach can't find rice
Bean salad - Beans kill me
Bacon - Turkey bacon upsets stomach (any suggestions?)
Salad- Afraid of lettuce as meal
Pasta-Can't have tom sauce bad trigger
Chili- Can't have tom juice
Fish sticks - is there any safe box ones?
Taco salad- Big if with lettuce and weres the SF?
BBQ- Bad experience not sure if it was it is there a safe brand?
Pizza - no pizza sauce
Casseroles- Can't find Image brand of cream of chick
Sandwitches- Some deli turkey upsets tummy
Breakfeast seems to be the worse I miss cimmon rolls and Biscuits and waffles & muffins is there a safe brand of waffles?
Snacks the only thing I eat is pretzels (I am so tired of them)
Is soft pretzels ok or pillsbury breadsticks and french bread? I am just lost and hungry. I thank you so much for I thank you so much for your help ! ANY AND EVERY SUGGESTION WOULD HELP SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

#296183 - 01/11/07 05:35 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Bacon - Bac-Os, really. They're soy and I put them on anything that I would want to eat with bacon on it (soy burgers, breakfast burritos, etc...). The only downside to this is that you can't pick up a slice of Bac-O to munch on. LOL.

Mac & cheese- There is also almond cheese. And Vegan Essentials

https://secure1.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&BusType=BtoC&Count1=580471217&Count2=497611641

has a product called "Chreese". It tastes like a cheesy bean dip. I think it tastes pretty good, anyway. They have some other cheese subs that I haven't tried. They also have a vegan Parmesan -it's nasty, don't waste your time or money on that one. But if you've had it, and you like, my apologies on insulting your vegan Parmesan.

Salad- I stick solely with romain and butter lettuce. They seem to be the easiest on my stomach. And I only eat them with a good SF base.

Pasta- For tomato sauce, are you eating sauce that has HFCS in it? Most of them have it and it does a serious number on my insides. There are a couple of brands that make sauce w/o HFCS. I eat Ragu Organic Garden Veggie. I think Del Monte also has sauces w/o HFCS but you'd have to double check on that one.

Chili- Lightlife Chili is meat free. It has tomato paste in it. If you puree it, the beans might be easier to tolerate. Sometimes it can make me gassy but I just take a Bean-O w/ the first bite and I'm fine. I usually put it on a toasted hot dog bun (no HFCS) with some kind of "cheese".

Sandwiches- Stick with plain, lowest-fat-you-can-find, white meat turkey slices. No honey roasted, "special" herb, or anything like that. And stay away from the pre-packaged stuff unless you're certain that' it safe. Some of those are fine, but maybe your gut just doesn't like them. When I used to eat turkey, I'd get it sliced super thin. Most places call it shaved slices. I just told them to cut it so thin you can see through it. It falls apart that way, but it's so good. You can also try soy deli slices. Personally, I think they all taste like bologna, but the hubby loves them and thinks they're fantastic. Hey, different taste buds, different tastes.

Stay away from Pillsbury. They always have dairy in their stuff, at the least. Heather has a great pancake/waffle recipe that tastes even better when you add diced strawberries to it. There is so much SF in the batter that the strawberries never give me a problem. Cinnamon rolls, I'm afraid, you're just going to have to say good-bye to. I've never found a good, safe one. And I miss them, too. They are sooo good. Maybe someone else will have some good info on the other things you listed.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#296201 - 01/11/07 06:38 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Heart Healthy Bisquick is safe. The waffle, pancake, and biscuit recipes on the box should be safe, too, as long as you make the standard milk and egg substitutions.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

Re: BORED WITH EATING! new
      #296753 - 01/16/07 05:28 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

for snacks have you tried baked tortilla's? bake the tortilla wraps in a preheated oven for like 5-10 mins. they're good if you have a dip to go with them how about hummous? I haven't tried it myself I must admit.
for meals have you tried soups? I love all different kinds of soup there are a few good recipes on the index here.
also I like baked potatoes, sunday dinner with veg and stuff...
have you tried different kinds of fish?
fresh salmon, tuna, cod, mackeral etc
you could try making your own veggy burgers- there's a recipe on here and just ommit the beans and maybe use mash potato as the binder base.
walkers now do a baked variety of crisp they are really good and only 2g fat per bag.
for bacon how about trying bacon bits on a salad for taste- they are soy base I think but hopefully you might be alright with just a little for the flavour.
I like trying different kinds of cereal with my rice milk for variety. I know a lot have whole grain now so I use rice krispies as a base and also add in a 1/2 tsp of acacia.
you can get so many different kinds of cereal I'm a bit of a cereal addict.
how about marshmallow crispies?- the recipe you'll find in the index.
phheww running out of ideas lol I'll be back if I think of more
xxx

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIMETO HELP ME! XXXX new
      #296856 - 01/16/07 02:07 PM
emmasmom

My list of favorite meals new
      #296882 - 01/16/07 03:59 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Unfortunately, I stopped eating a lot of my normal foods (which were quite similar to your list). Here is a list of the foods I eat most often now...
  • Spaghetti with Amy's Family Marinara and Tofu (sounds funny, but it's really, truly delicious). I eat it with a lot of French bread and it never upsets my tummy at all.
  • Tilapia with Jasmine rice and veggie of choice. I cook the tilapia in a non-stick skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkle with old bay seasoning and cumin. Tilapia is a very mild-flavored fish.
  • Teriyaki chicken and rice and veggie of choice. I buy Tyson's frozen teriyaki chicken breasts from Sam's, but you could just marinate the chicken in soy sauce before baking it in the oven.
  • Stir-fry and rice. I either use shrimp or chicken, along with zucchini, carrots, and broccoli. I season them with garlic, minced onion, and soy sauce. You could use garlic powder and onion powder if you're sensitive to garlic and onion.
  • Gardenburger Flame-grilled soy burgers. Easy, quick lunch when I'm in a hurry. Eat on a hamburger bun, along with a with a few baked Tostitos.
  • Amy's Low-Fat Alphabet Soup and French bread. This is my new favorite lunch! It is tomato-based, so I always eat it with bread to be sure it's not too much IF. I do pick out the corn.
  • Chicken Orzo. Orzo is just rice-sized pasta. You cook it just like regular pasta. I make a skillet dish with chicken, zucchini, carrots, and orzo. I season with garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and salt. It's a great comfort food. I also like doing this with other pastas like farfalle (bowtie) or whatever I have on hand.
  • Veggie soup. I make my own vegetable soup with carrots, zucchini, elbow noodles, an IF veggie like green beans or okra, pureed tomatoes, veggie broth, chicken broth, garlic, onion, bay leaves, basil. Lately I've been putting in chicken, and it ends up almost like a chicken stew... delicious!!
  • Rotisserie chicken (not any strange flavors) from the grocery store with starchy side and an IF veggie of choice

My favorite snacks are...
  • pretzels
  • baked tostitos (only as a side item with a safe meal)
  • graham crackers with mini marshmallows toasted on top (like s'mores but without the chocolate... cook in toaster oven... YUM!!!) I eat these after lunch and dinner almost every day.
  • Super Pretzel soft pretzels. I get them from Sam's and bake in the oven for a few minutes. Can be topped with salt or cinnamon-sugar (both included in the box). If you want to buy a soft pretzel while you're out, watch for the fat content. I have found that the people at Auntie Anne's are willing to bake one fresh for me with no butter or oil on it.

I hope this gives you some good ideas of foods you can add to your diet.

Great list, thank you -nt new
      #297007 - 01/17/07 11:41 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4805

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review