All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
freezable foods that are easy to reheat?
      #295391 - 01/05/07 04:10 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm having surgery on the 15th & I'm trying to prepare all my food for that whole week. I need stuff that is easy to make, will freeze well, but won't take much for me to reheat them. I did a search for "freeze" but I can't sit up or stand for very long. I got to the 3rd page of results & my tummy started hurting, so I need to lay back down. Can you guys help me please? I need anything & everything: meals, snacks, desserts. I got a few things from my search, like chili & a couple soup recipes. Do the antidepressant brownies freeze well? Thanks everyone! I'm going to take my vicodin now , so I probably won't be awake again until tomorrow, so no need to rush.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ahhh new
      #295397 - 01/05/07 05:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Good luck with the surgery! I will be thinking of you since I went through DH having surgery recently and can empathize. I don't really have any frozen food suggestions. I don't freeze my food much. Sorry.
Take care!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: freezable foods that are easy to reheat? new
      #295675 - 01/08/07 08:19 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I usually make extra of almost every dinner and freeze the extras for lunches for me.

Right now my freezer has:
Rice with chicken (A chinese dish)
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Soy Pizza
Boneless skinless turkey breast with safe stuffing
Barbequed chicken boneless skinless breasts with safe sauce
Grilled chicken without anything for making quick dinners
Chicken/rice/soy cheese burritos
No Pudge brownies cut into appropriate size portions

I try to always keep things that I can grab easily for lunch or dinners when everyone else wants to order pizza. Sandwiches always work well too. This way I'm not tempted to make bad decisions.

Hope this helps,
Leigh

#295695 - 01/09/07 06:32 AM
littlelani

Thank you! My BF is going to take good care of me, but I'm trying to make it easier for him. I've already portioned out some ground turkey for burgers and beef for him, so all he has to do is cook them. I also bought some Imagine soups for the days he has to work. I can put those in the microwave, won't take much. I'm going to try to make the AD brownies & freeze them, depending on how I feel. My BF is going to pack a lunch for me the 1st day he goes back to work, that way I don't have to get up. It's going to be a tuna salad sandwich, some hummus & crackers, soy ice cream & a brownie (if I make them), and a supply of iced tea. He's going to put a cooler next to the bed. He's such a sweetie! The BBQ chicken breast sounds like a good idea! Do you have a specific recipe you use, or just a safe store-bought BBQ sauce?

--------------------

#295698 - 01/09/07 06:58 AM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

I've had good luck freezing most soups and stews and chilis. They all reheat quickly -- more so if you put them in the fridge the day before you need them, of course.

Oh! And the crockpot chicken stew freezes great.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#296326 - 01/12/07 06:54 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm probably way too late on this one ... but you can actually probably stick to buying stuff off the shelf at the grocery store. You probably won't have much of an appetite for at least the first couple days. I stick to premade soups, crackers, graham crackers, cookies, dry cereal, toast -- stuff like that. Most chicken/veggie/noodle-type soups are IBS-safe except for the MSG. I usually have the chicken noodle w/ chicken meat dry soup mix from Lipton.

You'll be spending the majority of your time sacked out on the couch, though, so keep the soupy stuff to a minimum. Or wear a bib. I usually just snacked throughout the day on crackers and things like that. I always tried to have sweet or semi-sweet food items (cookies, graham crackers, cereal) to munch on because that helped with the nausea from the pain meds.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#296368 - 01/13/07 09:24 AM
littlelani

Thanks for the info! And it's not too late, my BF can always go to the store for me to get soup or crackers. I have some hummus & crackers that I'm going to snack on & the AD brownies, plus chili & soup in the freezer, so I should be set. Wish me luck!

--------------------

#296382 - 01/13/07 01:00 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Definitely soup!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 618 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3710

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review