All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
french bread magic
      #291602 - 11/28/06 08:58 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Okay, I wanted to make my own bread in a bread maker and french bread (fresh) does help me to calm my tummy - does anyone know if the bread recipes help to make bread that is just as stablizing as french bread or is it only french bread that works magic? Debbie IBS_A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: french bread magic new
      #291624 - 11/28/06 10:33 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

French bread and sourdough are highly recommended not because of their magical ability to stabilize you, but because bread is SF and these two types of bread don't normally have whole grains, egg, dairy products, or fat added to them. If you have a recipe that does not have any triggers, you should be good. If you find a great breadmaker recipe let me know... I just bought a breadmaker last weekend!

#291682 - 11/28/06 04:02 PM
feelinggood

Thanks - I will let you know how it goes - I think the recipe index on the message board has some breadmachine recipes on it. What kind of machine did you buy? Debbie IBS-A

Re: french bread magic-but better than other SF? new
      #291697 - 11/28/06 06:31 PM
feelinggood

Yes, they are SF but why do they seem to work so much better for me than a SF vegtable - sweet potatoe is a SF but it does not sit well with me during a bad spell but the bread does or cushions better if I eat it first. Both SF? Debbie IBS-A

#291727 - 11/28/06 08:52 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

It was just one that was on sale on Black Friday for like $30 (reg price $60). It's a Sensio 1.5 lbs breadmaker. It looks like it may be a cheap one, but that's okay. I figured it's worth it even if it only lasts 6 months... I'd easily spend more than $30 on my bread from the store in that amount of time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1807

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review