All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about dressing and vinegar...
      #28906 - 11/25/03 09:51 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

Does fat-free italian dressing agree with IBS? Also, does apple-cider vinegar agree? If so, I have a great veggie (possibly w/ egg-free shell pasta) idea for a T-giving salad!

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about dressing and vinegar... new
      #28921 - 11/25/03 10:13 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I think the vinegar should be fine. What are the ingredients for the FF Italian dressing?

Re: Ingredients new
      #28930 - 11/25/03 10:29 AM
bauie25

I'm such a geek... thankfully I didn't get the FF italian dressing (HFCS... I remember now), it was the Classic Italian Vinaigrette... the ingredients are:
vinegar, water, soybean and/or canola oil, corn syrup, sugar, salt, contains less than 2% of following: spice, monosodium glutamate, onions, garlic, lemon juice concentrate, xznthan gum, with potassium sorbate and calcium disodium edta as preservatives, parsley, oleoresin paprika.

Thanks

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Re: Ingredients new
      #28980 - 11/25/03 02:36 PM
*Melissa*

I didn't see anything that looked bad in there. I think you should be just fine.

So what's your great idea?

Re: I'm so talented *lol* new
      #29086 - 11/26/03 09:17 AM
bauie25

My "great" idea... lol... don't hold such high standards for me, it makes my ideas look silly (j/k) Anyways, it's not technically a recipe since I never write it down, but if you combine veggies that are safe for you (for me in the past I've used cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli<--sometimes doens't agree}, carrots, celery<--optional}, peas, black olives... basically anything that you can deal with (frozen veggies that are thawed work great)... mix the veggies together in an apple cider, balsamic viniagrette dressing w/ seasonings of your choice (I never write stuff down, I just create... call me a food artist *wink*) and let it marinate over night (the longer, the better... I usually do a day or day and a half)-- don't forget to stir WIth the right seasoning it's awesome! Also, if you can mix egg-free small cooked pasta shells in it, it is excellent. Sorry for not having an exact recipe... I'll write it down this time and post it if you would like?

--------------------

#29150 - 11/26/03 10:52 AM
*Melissa*

Hey - I was just quoting you!

Are the veggies raw? Do you ever have any problems with that? I really can't eat raw veggies.

#29153 - 11/26/03 10:56 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I tried a new dressing recipe the other day. It has apple juice, apple cider vinger, thyme and two TBLS. of olive oil. It tasted great (even hubby liked it ). I'm sure it isn't IBS safe having the apple juice in it, but I did fine with it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2115

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review