And this one guys what do ya think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

There's no link here. -nt- new
      #287912 - 10/25/06 03:22 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

sorry here goes...... new
      #287963 - 10/26/06 04:25 AM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/pasta/macaroni.html

Re: sorry here goes...... new
      #287994 - 10/26/06 08:11 AM
Sand

Same as the other one you posted. None of the ingredients are triggers in and of themselves, but you've got 3/4 cup of fat in there. You'd have to do the math but just eyeballing it my guess is you're going to be pretty high in fat.

There is at least one IBS-safe mac and cheese recipe on the Recipe Board. You can do a Search. I know someone - I don't remember who - did a lot of experimenting with it and finally reported she thought she'd gotten a great result. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll poke around a little for you.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#288009 - 10/26/06 09:54 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Like Sand said, this is way too high in fat. However, the 1/2 C margarine used to make the initial sauce base can probably be cut way down. When I make a roux I only use around 1 T margarine. The problem with this is that you have to do flour/milk in alternating steps and if you're not careful it can go lumpy on you. So, I would probably thicken with cornstarch instead of water to avoid the lump situation. This means adjusting the liquid and not using boiling water. I'd use fake milk anyhow to make it creamier. I've never used nutritional yeast so I don't know if that 1/4 C oil is really necessary or not. I'd probably try cutting it in half.

Or, if all that sounds like too much work, you can try that recipe in the index like Sand suggested.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

by the way ... new
      #288010 - 10/26/06 09:58 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

If you're interested in recipes beyond what's already in the index, check out www.fatfree.com. The recipes are either vegetarian or vegan and are all very low-fat, so most recipes are quite close to being IBS-safe. The main exceptions are dairy products and the use of IF.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: by the way ... new
      #288020 - 10/26/06 10:43 AM
Sand

Oh, my. Look at all those new cookie recipes. And "lasagna-7 recipe" has a recipe for something called "Cheetz" which looks like a no-fat fake cheese type thing. And the "beanherders' pie" cracked me up.

Yum! (Although I'm not sure about the "turnip-sauerkraut-casserole". )

Thanks, Jen.

--------------------

#288032 - 10/26/06 11:27 AM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Thanks guys think I'll just make a regular white sauce with my rice dream and add some nutritional yeast to taste. Never tried it before but its supposed to give it a cheesy nutty taste and as I cant handle soy thought it worth a try. Will check out that other website, Ta x

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review