"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Burgundy Chicken with Mushrooms new
      #28712 - 11/24/03 01:47 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Mags,
Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for good main dishes. Your post made me laugh. I wish you guys weren't so far away from Iowa. Going out to dinner would be a million laughs. Are pine nuts O.K.?
Joan

Pine Nuts new
      #28730 - 11/24/03 02:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've never had a problem with them. I usually only use a littel bit (no more than a tablespoon or so) on pasta dishes. And they are so good! Have you ever had them? I got hooked on them with a recipe I have for asparagus & pignoli on pasta. So good! As a matter of fact, I'm having that for dinner tonight. What a coincidence!

Re: Count me in! new
      #28758 - 11/24/03 03:10 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was until my girls decided it was Disney channel all day long. Even when the TV is off it is on Disney. If I get a chance to have the remote they are so loud you can't hear the TV. Maybe in a few years.

Re: Pine Nuts new
      #28768 - 11/24/03 03:34 PM
joanmarie

I love pine nuts, brazil nuts, and macadamia nuts. I used to eat them plain, but since following Heather's diet I stopped. When you use them do you grind them up?
Thanks,
Joan

Re: Count me in! new
      #28769 - 11/24/03 03:38 PM
joanmarie

I can relate. We either have the disney channel or nickelodeon. Now that I have another little one we also have to watch the Wiggles and Dora the Explorer much to the dismay of the older kids. Once in a while my daughter likes to watch the cooking channel, but the recipes aren't really IBS friendly.

Re: Pine Nuts new
      #28772 - 11/24/03 03:55 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

With pine nuts I just eat them whole, because they are so tiny anyway. When I use walnuts for breads when I chop them up they come out to about the same size or even a little bigger, so I figured they should be okay. So far I've been fine with them.

Re: Tell me about it new
      #28777 - 11/24/03 04:17 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was ranting about Dora to some of my friends the other day. They thought I was out of my mind. Can you explain why Dora has to stop and think when a little wild cat is dangling from a tree branch that is about to break? Don't stop and think just go and help. How about the soccer game she had to get to right away so her cousin's team wouldn't forfeit and she has to stop ever two minutes to think? What is up with that? Wiggles are just as bad. The girls love the new network wiggles. That is a bit more tolerable. Jo Jo's circus drives me crazy too.

How old are you children, joanmarie?

Re: Tell me about it new
      #28787 - 11/24/03 05:41 PM
joanmarie

You started a very animated conversation between my 8 and 11 year old. They agree with you about Dora and are always criticizing her. Poor Marshall doesn't stand a chance (he is 21 monthes and was a BIG surprise). How old are your kids? Are they old enough to watch the Amanda Show and All That on Nickelodeon? Those shows drive me crazy!
Joan

Re: Burgundy Chicken with Mushrooms new
      #28898 - 11/25/03 08:55 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I made this last night and it was REALLY good! Thanks for the recipe!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33276

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review