All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Calories from fat?
      #282012 - 09/13/06 11:10 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I rarely ever eat "pre-packaged" foods, except breakfast. I always make my own lunch & dinner. How do I determine the CFF for those items, since I don't know how many calories/fat they contain? For example, chicken breast, ground turkey, etc. Do I have to weigh everything before I cook it just to figure out the CFF? I don't really have time for that.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calories from fat? new
      #282014 - 09/13/06 11:13 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

No way! That's way too much work. As long as you're using a lean cut of turkey or skinless chicken breasts you should be well within the fat limits. It's only when you start getting into darker meats that poultry poses any risk for IBSers. If you add the meat to a decently low fat bread and add just a small coating of low-fat or fat-free mayo, you should be golden. It's more about choosing healthy, low fat ingredients than having to weigh and analyze every single thing you eat!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Calories from fat? new
      #282037 - 09/13/06 01:07 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Awesome! Thank you! I haven't been using fat-free/low-fat mayo b/c I hate the taste, even though I know reg mayo is bad for me. I do use less than I did before. Does anyone know of any alternatives that aren't tangy? I prefer the sweet taste of reg mayo, & all the things I've tried are too sour/tangy, like Miracle Whip--yuck!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review