All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
weight gain
      #281686 - 09/11/06 04:44 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if they have had a substantial weight gain when following Heather's IBS diet? I have not eaten white bread in 20 years and it seems that the recipes have alot sugar in the baked good? Thank you, Debbie, Ontario, Canada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: weight gain new
      #281711 - 09/11/06 09:36 PM
shannyb

Reged: 09/11/06

I have actually lost a lot of weight. You still have to eat in moderation though. I love her bread recipes, but at the same time I can't eat a whole loaf at once. I hope this helps! This has been my experience anyway.

Re: weight gain new
      #281777 - 09/12/06 09:51 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I haven't -- but some people do. It's all a matter of adjusting to a different way of eating.

Yes, some of the recipes have a lot of sugar, but then again, IBS-unsafe recipes often have a lot of sugar and typically a lot more fat. You'll find that some people have experimented with using less sugar in some of the recipes and have done well with it -- in particular, fruit breads are pretty forgiving. Choose your ingredients with care, too -- some soy/rice milks are a lot higher in calories and fat than others. Applesauce is also a popular ingredient that can have extra calories if it's sweetened.

Personally, I am 5'5" and pre-Heather, I typically weighed 115-125 in the winter and 110-115 in the summer. Now I'm at a pretty steady 115-120, but I am also very sedentary (I have a lot of health problems and can't do much) and not making any effort to lose weight right now. So, you can definitely follow the diet and not get fat.

As with any way of eating, it's all about moderation and food choices. Just being on Heather's diet doesn't guarantee either losing or gaining weight. But, it's definitely a healthy way to eat -- and there is nothing wrong with eating white bread.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review