All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Luna Bars for $.75 (USD) on Amazon.com (September only)
      #281236 - 09/07/06 02:37 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Incredible Discount on Clif & Luna Bars - For the month of September, Amazon is offering an insane deal on Clif Bars and Luna Bars. Purchase $39 or more of these products and receive $10 off with the coupon code CLIFLUNA. With this deal, you will get free shipping AND a bottom line price as low as $.70 per Clif Bar or $.75 per Luna Bar.

WOW -- this is the first time I've seen it cheaper than Trader Joe's! Will have to stock up.

I found this deal on : Go Dairy Free

It looks like this is a great website for dairy free products, recipes, etc.

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are Luna bars IBS safe? new
      #281437 - 09/09/06 01:07 PM
aandf7388

Reged: 09/02/06
Loc: NH

Before I developed IBS I loved Luna Bars but haven't had them in a long time. I saw them in the grocery store the other day and was going to buy one but almost all of them said they contained milk products in them. If this is true then why are they IBS safe?

Edited by aandf7388 (09/09/06 01:07 PM)

Re: Are Luna bars IBS safe? new
      #281440 - 09/09/06 01:54 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can check out the ingredients for all the flavors here. I spot-checked 3 or 4 and found none that listed dairy products as ingredients, although all said in the Allergens Warning section that they may contain traces of dairy. I checked the FAQs and found this:

Quote:

Does LUNA contain dairy?
Clif Bar Inc. specifies to our suppliers and bakers that ingredients going into our LUNA bars do not contain dairy. The food manufacturing process however, is such that we cannot guarantee that trace amounts of dairy will never turn up in our products even for products as natural and wholesome as ours.

If you believe that you are allergic to dairy you may want to consider not consuming our products and take the same precautions you do with all other pre-packaged and processed foods.

I believe this is a standard disclaimer based on the fact that non-dairy products (and ingredients going into non-dairy products) are sometimes produced on the same production lines that produce products that do contain dairy. This means there may be some cross-contamination. It should be so slight as to not impact IBS, although for people with serious dairy allergies it might be a problem.

You should still check the ingredient list on any Luna bar you buy. For example the Chai bar contains tea leaves which means it contains caffeine. There's a huge thread on the Diet Board about Luna bars.

I took a quick look at the Sunrise bars. I'm not sure of everything that's in them, but it looks like they're heavy on whole grains. So not for me in the morning.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Luna Sunrise Bars - My Opinion new
      #281449 - 09/09/06 04:04 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

They were fine for me, but I wasn't impressed with them at all. Blech.

Re: Thanks for sharing this... new
      #281456 - 09/09/06 04:47 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I placed my order last night!

Re: Are Luna bars IBS safe? new
      #281467 - 09/09/06 07:04 PM
aandf7388

Reged: 09/02/06
Loc: NH

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it -allie

You're welcome! new
      #281541 - 09/10/06 12:58 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I found out about Luna Bars through this website, so the least I could do is share a good deal!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review