Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BBQ'ing Sweet Potatos?
      #268979 - 06/12/06 04:13 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I checked the index first....

Anyone had any luck with BBQ'ing sweet potatos? I'd like to just cook like a 2" circle (if ya know what I mean) each time I do it.... any tips for cooking time, seasonings, how to keep it moist and not burnt?

P.S. I have a gas grill

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I LOVE sweet potatoes... new
      #268984 - 06/12/06 04:59 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I eat them almost daily...but have never bbq'd them....am thinking spraying a bit of olive oil spray on them would help keep them moist...and cajun spice is what I use on mine and theyre delicious!!mmmmmmmm

--------------------
Natalie

My husband regularly makes sweet potato chips on the grill.... new
      #269001 - 06/12/06 05:35 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I think he coats them in olive oil really quick, and then salt and pepper and throws them on. They are delicious and one of my favorite things ever.

--------------------

Re: BBQ'ing Sweet Potatos? new
      #269004 - 06/12/06 05:40 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I would think you could do it like regular pototoes. When we do them on the grill I slice them into 1 inch circles and put them in foil. I put soy margarine on them and whatever other seasoning. Hubby then puts them on before whatever meat we are grilling. He puts them on low heat on the bottom for about 10 minutes flipping the foil package every 5 minutes then puts them on the top for the remaining 20 minutes and continues to flip the package every 5 minutes. Regular potatoes are great like this and I would think sweet potatoes would be too. I personally would top it with brown sugar and cinnamon and maragarine. Yum I am getting hungary talking about it! Hope that helps Shell!

Re: BBQ'ing Sweet Potatos? new
      #269647 - 06/15/06 11:32 AM
Barbara Lynn

Reged: 05/31/05
Loc: North Port, FL

I barbeque sweet potatoes all the time. Both the way Angela E. suggested and another idea is to pre-cook them whole in the microwave or in boiling water, and then wrap in tin foil sprayed with non-stick spray and finish them with whatever else I am cooking. If it's a chicken or something, I'll just put them on without the precooking. Sometimes I unwrap them and brown them up a bit.

For just slices though, you will need the foil to keep them moist, I would think.

Delicious, good luck!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1040 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review