All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
spices
      #268669 - 06/10/06 03:31 PM
SarahHope

Reged: 06/10/06

Hi! This is my first time on the message board so I am confused on how to do this. Not sure how to ask a generic question. Would love some input. Anyway - my question is, what are MILD spices? I can't eat onions or garlic so my food tends to be bland. I would love to 'spice' it up a bit! Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hmm... new
      #268715 - 06/10/06 07:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Thing is, "mild" is kind of a matter of opinion... you can use just about any spice lightly, and it will enhance food rather than overpower it. I also tend to think of herbs as "mild", as opposed to things like cayenne, which are hot.

You could try any dried herbs - I was able to eat them even when I was completely unstable. Parsley is extremely mild, but adds a nice fresh flavor. Thyme, basil, oregano, and rosemary are stronger, but especially good on chicken.

Are you avoiding onions and garlic because of the insoluble fiber in them? If so, try onion and garlic powders. Onion powder is another thing I found I could tolerate even when "real" onions just about killed me.

Hope that helps a little... and by the way, welcome to the boards! You did just fine, don't worry.

Also... new
      #268725 - 06/10/06 08:10 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You can use onion juice (McCormick makes it) and garlic salt. Garlic salt has more bite to it than garlic powder (the salty flavor).

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 360 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1206

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review