All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NEW! Coffe-Mate Creamer
      #268415 - 06/08/06 09:26 PM
AG1983

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Portland, Oregon

So.. in my previous life I was a BIG coffee drinker and I won't lie - this tea thing is killing me. I noticed that the folks at Nestle came out with a new brand of creamer that is made from Soy!! Though it has both natural and artificial flavoring, would this be alright to add to my tea for flavor and texture or does anyone have a different suggestion?

--------------------
Adam
(IBS-D)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, I'd give it a try! new
      #268421 - 06/08/06 09:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'll be honest, I use non-dairy creamer - which actually has dairy derivatives in it - in my tea and Teeccino, and I have been for ages now... since well before I was stable. It's always worked out fine for me, and thank goodness, because soy milk was just NOT cutting it in tea! LOL

From one diehard (now ex-)coffee drinker to another, you might want to experiment with some of the non-coffee substitutes, if you're feeling like you want to spend the money (sadly, they are NOT cheap). Most of them, like Teeccino, Rocamojo, and Soyfee brew up in a pot just like coffee... there are some instant ones too, like Cafix. Teeccino is now my poison of choice. It's not quite coffee, but it has a lot more flavor than herbal tea, most of which I still just can't drink without gagging.

Anyway, just a thought. And very cool that they've come out with a soy creamer - about darn time!

Re: Hey, I'd give it a try! new
      #268466 - 06/09/06 07:54 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

My problem is that I am not just a diehard coffee drinker, but *good* coffee. I can pass Folger's by without a second glance, but when I have coffee it must be GOOD coffee. When I am not feeling bad, the cold pressed seems fine on my system. But I realize that even that is supposed to be a no no. I don't have "caffeine withdrawal". I just miss GOOD coffee flavor. Are any of these substitutes close to having depth in them? Or is it like drinking (ugh) chickory. Teas are ok, and I actually like them (even the fennel), but boy I am a bit tired of tea and water.

Re: NEW! Coffe-Mate Creamer new
      #268474 - 06/09/06 08:07 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ya know, Silk makes soy creamers too, and I'll bet they have fewer artificial ingredients in them than the new Coffee-Mate stuff. You can read more about it on Silk's website.

--AC

Well.... new
      #268577 - 06/09/06 07:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You'll probably be disappointed with them, unless you can learn to appreciate them for what they are and what they taste like, which is what I had to do, because none of the substitutes really taste like coffee - at least the ones I've tried.

Like I mentioned, my favorite so far is the Teeccino. It has an interesting complex flavor all its own, but it doesn't taste like coffee. I don't find it sweet, either. But it's definitely not like drinking chicory, which I find just outright nasty. LOL

Re: Well.... new
      #268595 - 06/09/06 09:43 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I got some today. No, it is better than chicory. If I try hard enough it might taste like Folger's. *sigh*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review