All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe creamed spinach recipe?
      #264403 - 05/19/06 03:04 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Does anyone have an IBS-friendly creamed spinach recipe?

I'm craving some "comfort food."

Thanks.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Would a white sauce base work? new
      #264509 - 05/20/06 10:34 AM
Wind

I really detest soy sour cream and soy cream cheese. I thought I might do a soy milk white sauce (with a little lemon zest, maybe some shallots &/or crushed garlic, nutmeg, and fresh herbs, a hint of dijon or wasabi for bite), thicken with arrowroot or cornflour and add cooked spinach.

Would it work? I thought maybe about 3/4 c. - 1 c. soy milk?

Kate.

Re: dip and such... new
      #264692 - 05/21/06 02:52 PM
Wind

Actually, I am not in the mood for spinach-dip. I am more in the mood for spinach in a kind of white sauce. (Do you ever get in those creamy/goo-ey moods? A kind of savory and fiberous ice cream--thicker than soup though. I'll play with it, unless anyone comes up with a better idea. My chives are going psycho, outside and they scream to be included.

Actually, I'm giving the salad a breather, at least until things firm up a tad. I'm still eating lots of cooked leafy greens--those are actually my safest forms of IF. The raw just seems to disagree with me, at the moment. I guess, you could say, I'm more in cooked salad mode of late.

Most nights, though, I'm kind of in the mood for a dinner of appetizers with some protein. My guts want warm foods.

Hey--you know IBS! Body says no raw right now and I respond
lovingly. Your salad sounds very eye-catching & I'm one of those that eats with her eyes, first. I guess I have texture issues at the moment.

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1275

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review