All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
No, there wasn't. I am sorry. (m) new
      #257991 - 04/13/06 06:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I managed to type in the whole recipe - and calculate calories from fat - without cluing into that small detail.

I know it's too late now since you've got yours put together, but next time you could try cutting the oatmeal to 3 cups and adding one cup of coconut. Since the coconut is so high in fat, you could then reduce the oil to 3/4 cup. That gives you 5557 calories for the entire recipe, 1842 calories from fat, so 33% CFF.

Please let me know how your version comes out - I hope it's good.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need a recipe using coconut - looking for bread/muffins... new
      #258146 - 04/14/06 05:40 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

What about this?

I'm thinking of making this for my boyfriend today as a birthday cake!

Sand, have you made these? (m) new
      #259048 - 04/19/06 06:41 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm wondering if I was supposed to let it sit overnight. From the wording of the recipe, it sounded like the overnight bit was optional, but I just made these and they totally fell apart. Was I supposed to let them sit for several hours so the oil could absorb into the oatmeal??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

No, I haven't made them, but as I read the recipe ... new
      #259156 - 04/20/06 07:59 AM
Sand

the sitting overnight part is required, not optional.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

but ... new
      #259274 - 04/20/06 01:57 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

since the recipe says that they're fast if you remember to mix them up the night before -- doesn't that imply that they are still acceptable, though not quite as fast, if you just mix everything at the same time? Otherwise, if you don't remember to mix the first three ingredients ahead of time, but have to in order to make the recipe work, then why would the speed matter?

(Did any of that make sense? Probably not.)

I actually just baked the remaining batter in an 8x8 pan so I have bars instead. They're very good but quite sweet.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Macaroon Recipe new
      #259288 - 04/20/06 02:49 PM
mrsbunker

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Minnesota

Here's a Macaroon recipe(Cooking.com)with less fat (2 grams per cookie) but alot of sugar. I have not tried these! Let me know how they turn out if you try them!
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Source: Fine Cooking - Issue 37
Yields 4 dozen cookies
RECIPE INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup egg whites, from about 5 large eggs

1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar

12 oz. unsweetened finely shredded coconut

RECIPE METHOD

Line two heavy baking sheets with kitchen parchment. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust the racks to the center and upper portions of the oven. Thoroughly whisk together the egg whites and sugar. Work the coconut into the egg mixture by hand or with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated. Scoop the coconut mixture onto the pans by packed, level tablespoons or with a 1/2-oz. ice-cream scoop. These cookies don't spread so they can be spaced fairly close together.
Bake until the cookies are an even golden color and look dry (not at all sticky or wet looking), about 25 minutes. Halfway through baking, switch the pans from top to bottom and rotate them from back to front to ensure that the cookies color evenly.

Nutrition Facts
Yields 4 dozen cookies
Facts per Serving
Calories: 52 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 8g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 8mg Protein: 1g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 35% % Cal. from Carbs: 62%

--------------------
Judy

Re: but ... new
      #259305 - 04/20/06 04:12 PM
Sand

As I read it, it means that if you don't remember to mix the first 3 ingredients up the night before, the cookies aren't fast because you have to wait 8 hours after mixing the first 3 ingredients before you can finish making them.

I'm glad you ended up with something edible anyhow. I may try these this weekend both with and without coconut. Assuming, of course, I buy the coconut - and the oatmeal.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review