All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How easy/safe is it to alter recipes with meat?
      #253695 - 03/22/06 08:59 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Eg - I have a couple of turkey steaks, but want to cook them so they have more of a nice flavour. I found a recipe on the index for doing them in a slow cooker that sounded gorgeous, with balsamic vinegar, honey etc, (recipe copied at bottom of this post, just a short one) - but I dont have a slow cooker. So I thought, could I make up this as a sauce, soak the turkey in it in a glass dish for a couple of hours, then just cook it in the oven using the instructions from the packaging, but actually cook it sitting in the sauce in the glass dish?

I have no 'proper' cooking experience, and nervous changing things where meat or eggs are involved. Help!!

ORIGINAL RECIPE:
Turkey tenderloin or never frozen turkey breast

salt N pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. dijon mustard

Salt & pepper turkey, place in crock pot. Mix other 3 ingredients. Brush turkey with mixture, then pour the rest in. Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours. Make sure to check turkey temp. (should be around 180)

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How easy/safe is it to alter recipes with meat? new
      #253700 - 03/22/06 09:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Blondie,
The beauty of the crockpot is that it cooks everything so slowly that it is tender so your meat might not be as tender as the crockpot recipe, but as long as you cook the turkey meat for long enough (following the packaging) you will be just fine.

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 225 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review