All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Sweetened Condensed Soymilk & re info for Kree & Berky new
      #26142 - 11/07/03 09:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Marnie! I get the Better Than Milk Light at Wegmans. It's in Nature's Marketplace, above the soy and rice milks (in the Perinton store at least). I think Mags said in another thread that they make it in rice, but I don't think I've ever seen it there. It's worth checking out, though! As for other rice milk products, I don't know that I've ever seen them anywhere but Wegmans. I don't really look very closely, though, because I usually get the soy. I get some soy cheese at our local P&C, but that's about all they have. Have you ever been to Lori's Natural Foods in Henrietta? They have tons of different soy and rice products, so maybe they have more for you there!

I did get your info about the dr's and the IBS study, thanks! I went to the page about the study, and I don't remember why, but I'm pretty sure they said I didn't fit what they were looking for. I'll have to look back and see why! That's great that you got an appt. because of that, though. Have you had it yet? I hope it went well. I forgot, which dr did you end up with?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sweetened Condensed Soymilk new
      #26143 - 11/07/03 09:05 PM
Kree

You're welcome, Kandee! I'm assuming the rice milk powder would work, too, but I've never tried it. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#26148 - 11/07/03 09:57 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Yes, I certainly WILL let everyone know how it turns out with the rice powder.............that is as soon as I get a hold of some. Will see if my local health food store will order it or I'll order it on line, or go for a long drive towards L.A. to get.
BTW, you're from my birth city............but that was about a million years ago and we moved when I was little. Kandee

--------------------

Re: Sweetened Condensed Soymilk- txs so much Kree, I hadn't found one yet-nt new
      #26173 - 11/08/03 09:03 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

You're welcome! -nt- new
      #26174 - 11/08/03 09:16 AM
Kree

--------------------

#26175 - 11/08/03 09:18 AM
Kree

Quote:

...BTW, you're from my birth city............but that was about a million years ago and we moved when I was little. Kandee

You're originally from Rochester? Neat! Were you old enough to remember it? Because if so, I bet it's a lot different from S. California!!

--------------------

Re: Sweetened Condensed Soymilk & re info for Kree & Berky new
      #26186 - 11/08/03 01:29 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Hi Marnie- no I must have missed your email re: the IBS study. I'll do a search for it. Having been
on Heather's plan since July, things have been really under control, including getting friends of mine' to buy Heather's book and cook recipes for me when I come to dinner!
HOpe all is well with you- I use rice dream from Wegmans too, but haven't tried rice cheese etc., as I can tolerate cheese fine with soluble fiber
base such as pasta for mac and cheese recipes, etc. Everyone is so different in what they can tolerate. Good
luck to you! Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

For Berky: Re: Sweetened Condensed Soymilk & re info for Kree & Berky new
      #26230 - 11/09/03 06:09 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Really glad that you're doing really well. I get the Rice Dream fr. Wegmans. Think Tops has it too.

Great that yr. firends cook Heather's meal for you.....WOW!!! Lucky you!!! And the fact that you tolerate cheese so well. I can have a slice on a sandwich sometimes, but can't eat mac & cheese or alfredo sauce

Marnie

Alfredo Sauce new
      #26232 - 11/09/03 07:57 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Marnie - If you miss alfredo, try Non-Dairy Alfredo Sauce. Here's how I like to make it: web page. We just had this the other night - it is so good! You have to try it!

For Mags2003: Re: Alfredo Sauce new
      #26251 - 11/10/03 07:12 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Thanks Mags,

Think I did run off that recipe. Am afraid of the tofu in it as it is soy but may try it. It just sounds so YUMMY with the variations you mention.

Did you ever read My Update and Heart Health or something like that I posted a few das. ago. A lot going on here! Actually ....there's more to tell. Don't know if I've had a breakdown.....cause of soooooo much stress over the last 4 mos. or what. Finally cried almost all day.....then had like a lump in my chest that woke me up. Don't know if fr. GERDS. Just wudn't go away..........for a couple hrs. Finally subsided. Felt a bit congested and still am a bit. Am JUST EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!

NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Marnie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10500

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review