All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Another Ground Turkey Meatloaf (SO YUMMY) new
      #219558 - 10/15/05 06:47 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm making this for dinner tonight....my sister might come over for dinner too...so I'll let ya know what she thinks...(oh, maybe she has had before when I made it at Mom & Dad's).... anyway, can't wait to dig in!! hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Has anyone tried this without the onion? new
      #219584 - 10/15/05 08:41 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I don't think I do well with onions, but now that it's getting cooler, I'm craving warm comfort foods!

What about leaving the white pepper out? Is white pepper easier to tolerate than black? I've never seen white pepper!

Is this the same recipe that was in the newsletter, btw?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Has anyone tried this without the onion? new
      #219595 - 10/15/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I don't think I do well with onions, but now that it's getting cooler, I'm craving warm comfort foods!

What about leaving the white pepper out? Is white pepper easier to tolerate than black? I've never seen white pepper!

Is this the same recipe that was in the newsletter, btw?

The fresh onions help to make it so moist...but you could just just onion powder too.

There is not a big difference... more for if you wanted to hide the black specs in your dish.... you can use black no problem.

Yes, same one as in the newsletter!

--------------------

Spicy? new
      #219612 - 10/15/05 01:03 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Does the White Pepper make this spicy? I don't do good on spicy foods (ulcers). I can tolerate some pepper as long as it doesn't make the food spicy. And I can't seem to find any worcestire sauce with no HFCS, can the meatloaf survive w/o? I can't wait to try this recipe with all of you raving about it!

Actually, milder.... new
      #219614 - 10/15/05 01:32 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

than black pepper. They come from the same berry, but for white they pick when fully ripe, and for black they pick when it's dried up. I like white pepper actually, you should be able to find it almost anywhere these days, but especially at a whole foods or trader joe's type place.

--------------------

I made this again last night.. new
      #219915 - 10/17/05 01:55 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

except I made them in the muffin pan like Ashley had suggested. Yummmmmmmmm they were so good! Hubby loved it because all of the pieces had that crisp end like the end of the meatloaf gets when you cook them. I had them for lunch today and so many people asked about them and said what a great way to cook them!!!

making this tomorrow!!! new
      #227301 - 11/25/05 06:01 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm gonna make them in muffin tins like Ashley posted! The only bread I have in the house is some cinnamon sugar stuff I made several days ago, so I will probably just use cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs and soak them in a bit of rice milk beforehand. I forgot I ran out of onions, so I'll be using onion powder instead. I'll also be skipping the ketchup on top. Looking forward to it!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#233312 - 12/22/05 10:29 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I finally made this (a little later than I meant 'cause I was feeling crappy). I found the notes with my modifications and thought I'd share. It was fantastic!!!

Quote:

TURKEY MEATLOAF

2 tablespoons butter or margarine (or sub) [didn't use]
1 cup chopped onion [opened freezer and realized, crud, I don't have any chopped onion left. Dumped in onion powder just before "Whoa! too much!" and a hair past "Hmm, not enough".]
3 cloves garlic, minced [didn't want to saute garlic because it would have felt lonely w/o onion, so instead dumped in garlic powder. See qty under onion powder.]
1-1/2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey or Turkey Breast [1.25 lb 'cause all I can get here is the prepackaged Jennie-O stuff.]
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs [No bread in the house. Crushed cornflakes into bowl until it might have passed for 1/2 C.]
1 egg [three egg whites. Why three? Dunno. Sounded like a good idea at the time.]
3/4 cup catsup (1/4 for loaf, 1/2 for top of loaf) [Squirted ketchup into bowl until I figured it resembled a 3/4 C puddle. Referred back to instructions after mixing it in and felt stupid when I realized it was supposed to go on top.]
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce [I didn't measure this, either, but probably more like 2T, because you can redeem anything with Worcestershire sauce!! Except maybe lumpy banana pudding.]
3/4 teaspoon salt [I forgot this, too busy waxing rhapsodic over Worcestershire sauce.]
1/2 teaspoon white pepper [Used black pepper instead, because I'm not classy enough to have white pepper.]

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup catsup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup catsup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165 degrees. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 5 servings [Mixed all ingredients together in bowl and baked in muffin tins according to Ashley's post. Made 12 meatloaf cupcakes. Yum!!!]

altered from http://www.jennie-o.com/recipes/33-02_main.asp

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#233333 - 12/22/05 11:11 AM
Shell Marr

LOL..... you crack me up!! Love the pepper comment!! I'm glad you liked it.... (Thanks again Ashley for the muffin idea)

Quote:

I finally made this (a little later than I meant 'cause I was feeling crappy). I found the notes with my modifications and thought I'd share. It was fantastic!!!

Quote:

TURKEY MEATLOAF

2 tablespoons butter or margarine (or sub) [didn't use]
1 cup chopped onion [opened freezer and realized, crud, I don't have any chopped onion left. Dumped in onion powder just before "Whoa! too much!" and a hair past "Hmm, not enough".]
3 cloves garlic, minced [didn't want to saute garlic because it would have felt lonely w/o onion, so instead dumped in garlic powder. See qty under onion powder.]
1-1/2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey or Turkey Breast [1.25 lb 'cause all I can get here is the prepackaged Jennie-O stuff.]
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs [No bread in the house. Crushed cornflakes into bowl until it might have passed for 1/2 C.]
1 egg [three egg whites. Why three? Dunno. Sounded like a good idea at the time.]
3/4 cup catsup (1/4 for loaf, 1/2 for top of loaf) [Squirted ketchup into bowl until I figured it resembled a 3/4 C puddle. Referred back to instructions after mixing it in and felt stupid when I realized it was supposed to go on top.]
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce [I didn't measure this, either, but probably more like 2T, because you can redeem anything with Worcestershire sauce!! Except maybe lumpy banana pudding.]
3/4 teaspoon salt [I forgot this, too busy waxing rhapsodic over Worcestershire sauce.]
1/2 teaspoon white pepper [Used black pepper instead, because I'm not classy enough to have white pepper.]

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.

Add turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup catsup, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix well. Pack into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup catsup over top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature of loaf reaches 165 degrees. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 5 servings [Mixed all ingredients together in bowl and baked in muffin tins according to Ashley's post. Made 12 meatloaf cupcakes. Yum!!!]

altered from http://www.jennie-o.com/recipes/33-02_main.asp

--------------------

Hey Shell? Calorie count? new
      #235209 - 01/02/06 02:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Did you ever figure out the calorie count for a serving of this? (I'm betting you did, but I don't see it here in the comments, unless I missed it!)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 422 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 84272

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review