All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tips for cooking with Mrs Dash
      #239780 - 01/19/06 09:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Casey & Jamie for the reminders........

Quote:

Just a friendly modly reminder, though, for newbies who might not have read the diet info yet - some of the suggestions you posted involve food items that are not IBS-safe, such as butter and steak. Make substitutions as needed.
Casey

Quote:

just reminding that salt isn't off-limits for ibs.
Jamie

web page

Use Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Blend as a substitute for salt in any recipe that instructs you to add salt to taste or to season with salt.

Mix a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Blend with flour or breadcrumbs for a flavorful coating for baked chicken or fish.

Instead of salt, add a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Blend for great flavor to any of your favorite soups.

A capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy adds zip to scrambled eggs or your favorite omelette.

Sprinkling Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy livens up your pizza with a zesty, spicy chili taste.

Try mixing Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy with cream cheese for a quick and spicy spread on a tortilla wrap.

A capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper mixed with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter or margarine makes a great topping for grilled fish or chicken.

Add Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper to steamed green vegetables for a real taste lift.

Mix a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper with hot rice or noodles for a quick and easy side dish for fish or chicken.

For quick garlic bread with a difference, spray bread with olive oil spray, sprinkle generously with Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic and heat under the grill until toasted.

Add a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic to hot cooked pasta for a quick and tasty side dish.

Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic added to mashed potatoes gives a real Italian flavor to ordinary potatoes.

Marinate chicken or pork chop pieces in a mixture of low fat yogurt and Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend for extra tender grilled chicken and pork chops.

Add Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Chicken Grilling Blend to low sodium tomato sauce for a colorful basting sauce for barbequed chicken pieces and pork ribs.

Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Chicken Grilling Blend mixed with fresh lemon wedges and stuffed into a whole chicken gives a rotisserie chicken great flavor inside and out-don't forget to sprinkle the outside of the chicken too.

Add a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Steak Grilling Blend to ˝ cup of low sodium soy sauce and brush on beef ribs for great barbeque flavor.

Lightly spray steaks with olive oil spray, sprinkle generously with Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Steak Grilling Blend on both sides and grill to desired doneness for a flavorful low sodium barbeque feast.

Mix Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Steak Grilling Blend with ground beef for a delicious burger.

For great smoky flavor, mix Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Mesquite Grilling Blend with unsalted butter or margarine and spread on hot corn on the cob.

Add a capful of Salt-Free Mrs.Dash Mesquite Grilling Blend to your favorite cornbread or biscuit recipe for a new taste in a classic side dish.

Mix a capful of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Steak Grilling Blend with 1 cup of low sodium ketchup for a quick barbeque sauce for any meat or vegetable.

Spray 2 slices of whole grain bread with cooking spray, sprinkle with 1 tsp (5mL) of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, grill under broiler until toasted.

Dice 1 large baking potato and 1 small onion, add to medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle 1 tsp (5mL) of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, sauté until tender.

Add 1 teaspoon (5mL) of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend to 2 Tbsp. (30mL) light mayonnaise, use with chopped cooked chicken for flavorful chicken salad.

Mix 1 tsp (5mL) of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Original Blend with 2 Tbsp. (30mL) olive oil, 2 tsp (10mL) cider vinegar and 1/2 tsp sugar, toss with 3 cups (720mL) of fresh greens.

Add 1 tsp (5mL) of Salt-Free Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and 1 tsp (5mL) unsalted butter to 1 cup (240mL) of frozen mixed carrots and peas, microwave or steam for a few minutes until cooked.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (01/19/06 03:40 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tips for cooking with Mrs Dash new
      #239916 - 01/19/06 01:56 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I always put a capful in when I make soup, and it's almost the ONLY way I ever season baked chicken, because it comes out so tasty!

Just a friendly modly reminder, though, for newbies who might not have read the diet info yet - some of the suggestions you posted involve food items that are not IBS-safe, such as butter and steak. Make substitutions as needed.

Re: Tips for cooking with Mrs Dash new
      #239922 - 01/19/06 02:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Thanks for the reminder..... I will add something to the original post now...

--------------------

also... new
      #239932 - 01/19/06 02:21 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

not that mrs. dash isn't super awesome, but since to folks who don't know the diet the bounty of mrs. dash ideas could imply otherwise, just reminding that salt isn't off-limits for ibs.

(god, what would i do if it were!)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: also... new
      #239964 - 01/19/06 03:42 PM
Shell Marr

GREAT point Jamie.... guess I did not think about that cuz I've been using Mrs Dash seasonings for as long as I can remember...

--------------------

Re: also... new
      #240277 - 01/20/06 01:25 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

No salt would be such a bummer for us "delicate flowers" who get all faint if we don't eat enough salt when it's hot....

--AC, who eats pickles and Baked Lays as soon as it gets warm

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4020

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review