All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone want to share a sample of their weekly menu?
      #235512 - 01/03/06 04:59 PM
SLHoutz56841

Reged: 12/05/04
Loc: We are right in the middle of the state of Pennsylvania, USA :)

Hi All,

I would love to hear from someone/s that wouldn't mind sharing a typical week menu with me. I struggle so with what I can or can't eat. I also have six children and a husband so I have to be "considerate" of what they want as well. Which only makes it harder to eat "correctly". I could also stand to lose weight. What doesn't make sense is why am I overweight when I am sitting on the pot all the time?

Thanks

Sandra Houtz
SLHoutz56841@aol.com

--------------------
IBS-D, GERD, Hiatal Hernia --- very unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Suggestion! new
      #235532 - 01/03/06 05:52 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Come on over to the IBS Fitness board! A lot of us report our meals every day, so you can get a feel for what we eat... and we're definitely a good support group for the weight-loss thing, too.

Re: Anyone want to share a sample of their weekly menu? new
      #236527 - 01/07/06 02:11 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi - my days are all about the same. I eat a piece of homemade bread for breakfast (not big on breakfast) - I let everyone else fend for themselves for breakfast. They can have yogert, fruit, cereal and milk, toast - whatever they want. Then for lunch I use leftovers fromt he night before. Dinner, I always make something from a recipe. I sometime double the recipe to be sure there is enough for leftovers the next day. Through the day, if I get hungry, I eat dried fruit, fruit leathers or snack mixes...depending on moods.

Not sure if that helps, but it works out good for us. I only have my husband and son though. They both like to eat healthy, so my diet changes haven't been too big of a deal.

#236553 - 01/07/06 05:06 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Here's what I typically eat:

Breakfasts- oatmeal with almond milk and brown sugar; toasted french or sourdough bread with smart balance and a banana; egg white omelette with mushrooms and avocado

Lunches - spelt tortilla wrap of organic deli-sliced chicken (I get both at my HFS) w/ dijon mustard and spinach; chicken sandwich w/ sourdough or french bread with dijon mustard and spinach; jasmine rice with soy sauce or homemade teryaki sauce, chicken and cooked veggies

Dinners- I almost always make something out of Heather's cookbook EFI; or some other safe staples of mine are marinated chicken that is grilled or baked, turkey burgers, boca burgers, baked or grilled fish, spaghetti (w/ minimal oil) and a plain tomato sauce (I add my own cooked veggies such as mushrooms), homemade soups, rice and coooked veggies, cooked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and zucchini

Snacks- applesauce, bananas, peeled sliced apples, graham crackers, Luna bars (I'm addicted to them ), corn chips, soy pudding, steamed soybeans, nuts (in small amounts)

All I drink is water and tea...and occasionally a glass of wine!

Hope that helps!

#236659 - 01/08/06 11:24 AM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

I work everyday for 9 hours so I have to pack. At the beginning of the week, I go to the store and get the following for lunches
1. Baked lays
2. Baked blue corn chips
3. White bread
4. Pears and peaches
5. A pre made mix of melons and honeydew
6. Thinly sliced deli turkey and deli chicken
In general, lunch looks like this, 2 slices of white bread with any combo of different mustards and honey, some chips on the side, and a piece of fruit.
For dinner, boneless skinless chicken breast baked or grilled, with a baked potato and some salad (Watch for your own individual tolerance.
Breakfast.. I eat about every two hours. Rice chex with vanilla soy milk, flavored oatmeal, home made bread and soy yoghurt (I only use whole soy, b/c a lot of other ones have a caseinate digestive aid, which I can't seem to handle)
hope this helps
Theresa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review