All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone have a good grilled chicken recipe?
      #231935 - 12/15/05 06:39 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

Tomorrow afternoon my boyfriend and I are having his grandma and aunt over for lunch. They are completely understanding of my IBS and said they would bring chicken to grill out and french bread (yum!). I was wondering if anyone had any good marinades or rubs that they can suggest (homemade or store bought) that turn out good for grilled chicken. Thanks for your help!

Amber

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone have a good grilled chicken recipe? new
      #231936 - 12/15/05 06:43 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am giving you more than you asked for as this is how I have it stored on my computer. The chicken is awesome and I serve it with plain white rice of the rest of the recipe below. The sugar in the marinade can cause a blackening effect if the heat is too high.

ONE OF MAMA LA'S DOWN HOME COOKING RECIPES!

Char-Grilled Honey Braised Chicken (Bun GA Nuong)
With Nuoc Mam Side Sauce

1 pound skinless chicken breasts, boned

2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/2 table spoon garlic powder

Honey

1 package (about 5 ounces) Oriental fine rice vermicelli noodles

Chopped cucumber

Shredded or whole lettuce leaves

Crushed mint leaves

Chopped peanuts

Green onion for garnish

Chicken:
Cut boned chicken into large chunks (or substitute chicken breast) and put on skewers. Combine sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Pour over chicken and marinate, covered in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Brush with honey and grill over charcoal grill (or broil in oven) until done, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drop vermicelli into a pot of boiling water and boil for about five minutes; drain and plunge vermicelli into cold water one minute to cool. Strain the vermicelli and allow it to air dry. Place cucumber lettuce and mint on the side dish. Place vermicelli and cooked chicken onto separate dish garnished with grilled green onion and crushed peanuts. Serve with nuoc Mamma Sauce on the side.

Serves four

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

This is my favorite new
      #232029 - 12/16/05 09:05 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Chinese Marinade

(Rereading the old post, I realized I typed "fairest of the foul" instead of "fairest of the fowl" - and it's too late to edit the post. No wonder no one's tried it! )

How great that your boyfriend's relatives are so understanding. Enjoy your cookout.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Vinegrette marinades new
      #232283 - 12/17/05 02:33 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there!

I LOVE grilled chicken and I like to marinade it before I grill it in balsamic vinegrettes. I have tried a couple of store bought ones, and they are pretty good.
Paul Newmans balsamic vinegrette (I have no idea if I am spelling that word right, hee hee) is pretty good!

I also make it at home sometimes if I don't want to go out and buy stuff and use:
-Olive oil (Sometimes I use garlic infused olive oil)
-2 cloves of minced garlic
-Balsamic vinegar
-Oregano and Basil, usually. Or I'll just throw in whatever I have, like Mrs. Dash italian spice mix or something.

I usually pound the chicken breasts out a little and then let it sit in the marinade in the fridge for at least a few hours. I dunno for sure, but it always seems to me that the flavour gets in a little more if I flatten it a little first.

Sometimes I use already prepared teriaky or bbq or honey garlic sauce and put it on while I am grilling the chicken breasts, which is nice and easy too!

Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: This is my favorite new
      #232297 - 12/17/05 04:24 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Quote:

(Rereading the old post, I realized I typed "fairest of the foul" instead of "fairest of the fowl" - and it's too late to edit the post. No wonder no one's tried it! )

Maybe it's 'cause of the prescription painkillers, but that made me laugh, and laugh, and clutch my abdomen gasping in pain.

The marinade looks really good -- but can you skip the plum sauce? I don't have any and am unlikely to use it for anything else, and I've developed an aversion to buying "specialty" ingredients after filling up my trash can with stuff I THOUGHT I was going to use.

Do you think maybe after marinating in the fridge you could pour everything into a pan and cook it that way and then add extra chicken stock to make a sauce and serve it over rice?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: This is my favorite new
      #232338 - 12/18/05 06:22 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe it's 'cause of the prescription painkillers, but that made me laugh, and laugh, and clutch my abdomen gasping in pain. I'm glad I cheered you up, but sorry if you tore something loose in there. (There's no ambivalence emoticon.)

The marinade looks really good -- but can you skip the plum sauce? I don't have any and am unlikely to use it for anything else, and I've developed an aversion to buying "specialty" ingredients after filling up my trash can with stuff I THOUGHT I was going to use. I think you could skip the plum sauce - you might add a touch more honey and maybe a touch more hoisin.

Do you think maybe after marinating in the fridge you could pour everything into a pan and cook it that way and then add extra chicken stock to make a sauce and serve it over rice? Well, hmmm. I never would - I have this thing about how marinades are all full of nasty unspellable bacteria from the meat and can never be made safe for human consumption. I've always had this "thing", but with IBS it's gotten more so - I now know for sure what an "off" food will do to my tummy.

Ahem, having gotten that out of my system (so to speak), I'm trying to sort of conjure the taste up in my mouth and I don't think I'd like it myself. I usually just serve this with an unadorned "mati" rice, but having read your comments on Basmati, that might not work for you. Something that would work great with this marinade is Persian Rice Pilaf, which I have made just fine with plain old Uncle Ben's.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review