All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
energy boost during final exams anyone???
      #230004 - 12/07/05 08:30 PM
tayjay

Reged: 11/28/05
Loc: Auburn University, Alabama

Ok, so I'm a college student and finals week is here. FINALly! Sorry for the pun, but i just had to I have already begun to run low on fuel for this seriously stressful week of studying my brains out! Since caffiene AND coffee are out, does anyone have any suggestions on safe drinks and/or foods that'll give a mega energy boost? What about foods to help you focus or concentrate? That may be a stretch but just thought I'd ask. I've got some serious study to do over the next 7 days, and I need something to keep me going!!! Any suggestions??? I could really use some! Thanks!

--------------------
Taylor
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: energy boost during final exams anyone??? new
      #230019 - 12/07/05 11:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've found that a few things work for me to give me more energy. It's not really a "boost" in the same way that caffeine gives you a temporary jolt, but it's still a help. Make sure you're getting plenty of lean, safe protein in your diet - every meal if you can swing it. Redbush or rooibus tea seems to perk me up too, even though it's not caffeinated. Avoid too much sugar - it's just going to make you crash. Hope that helps a little!

#230025 - 12/08/05 05:53 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey there. Law student here, heading into the home stretch! I find during finals that I'm mostly fueled by anxiety. I'm sure that's healthy. I don't know how stable you are but when I really need it, I can brew some strong Lipton tea and sip on that. I can also do about a cup of coffee every 3 or 4 days without too much of a problem. Other than that, what casey said. Eat well, try to sleep once in a while if you have time, and spend 5-10 min every few hours excercising. Go walk around the block, do the stairs in your building a couple times, even just empty the dishwasher. Gotta get the blood moving so your body doesn't think you're on a plane or something. Good luck!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#230123 - 12/08/05 11:04 AM
arafel

Reged: 11/05/05
Loc: Amherst, Ma

be careful with this - but yerba matte works just fine for me though black tea and coffee just plain kill me. You can find it in most healthfood stores. It is a very bitter tea but you can add soymilk to it and I rather like the taste. I also don't crash or get jittery...just focused.

Re: Thanks for all your suggestions! - nt - new
      #230187 - 12/08/05 01:41 PM
tayjay

Reged: 11/28/05
Loc: Auburn University, Alabama

--------------------
Taylor
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1921

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review