All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Beating Egg Beaters
      #228124 - 11/29/05 07:45 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

I made paradise apple cake but had trouble folowing the directions which said to "beat eggwhites with electric mixer until they hold soft peaks when beaters are raised. Slowly add remaining 1/2 c sugar and beat until the whites hold glossy peaks."
Has anyone else had problems with Egg Beaters not peaking?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Beating Egg Beaters new
      #228155 - 11/30/05 05:21 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

There are a couple things you might try. First, I've heard that it's easier to get whites to peak if you start with them at room temperature. Has anyone else heard this? Also, I haven't used egg beaters much, but they also make "All Whites" and I think "Whipping Whites." If you can find the Whipping Whites, check the ingredients for safety and then give them a try. I usually use 100% egg whites from Eggology and I imagine they'd behave exactly like egg whites straight from the shell. I haven't tried whipping in a long time though, so I can't say for sure.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#228204 - 11/30/05 09:00 AM
xc_girl

Reged: 10/19/05

Eggbeaters, and All Whites, are pasteurized, so they won't get foamy like regular egg whites, unfortunately. You should check the side of the package, it will usually tell you if it's pastuerized/won't beat up. I found this out the hard way when I bought all whites to make Heather's cherry almond cake! I think you may be able to use powdered egg whites, but again, check the label first.

#228400 - 11/30/05 08:21 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time. The paradise apple cake was delicious anyway.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1609

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review