All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oven fries - easy and simple!
      #227152 - 11/25/05 12:09 AM
Angela B

Reged: 11/24/05
Loc: Munich, Germany

I don't know whether you know this recipe, but I thought I would share in case you don't! It actually comes from "What to expect when you're expecting" pregnancy guide (Murkoff, Eisenberg and Hathaway), but is perfect for the IBS diet and lets me eat fries again, hooray!

For 2 servings:

1 1/2 teaspoons Canola oil (I use sunflower oil, because I actually can't tolerate Canola at all)
2 large baking potatoes
2 large egg whites

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C/450 F. Grease a nonstick baking sheet with the oil. Scrub the potatoes, pat dry and cut into 6mm (1/4 inch)-thick slices, then cut into chips of the desired length and pat dry again. Place egg whites into a medium sized bowl and whisk until foamy. Add the potatoes, toss until coated with egg white. Arrange the fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until crisp and lightly browned outside, tender inside (about 30-35 mins). Eat with salt and pepper as desired.

Yum - and if you are British, fish and chips are back on the menu!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oven fries - easy and simple! new
      #229624 - 12/06/05 10:17 AM
jenix

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: warwickshire,England

MY recipe for chips is as follows.
chop potatoes into chip shape - boil for about ten mins,
Drain andsprinkle with a tiny bit of salt cover the pan with the lid and give them a really good shake so that the edges rough up.
Pop into a baking tray, spray with a low cal spray oil and roast on bout 180 deg when u get them out they all crispy and hardly any calories - yummy yum yum - i got this from slimming world ws my savior

--------------------
-- jenix --

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 988

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review