All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Green Bean Casserole Question - Help!
      #226809 - 11/22/05 08:44 PM
cheval

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Western Washington

My family makes that classic green bean casserole with the fried onion straw things on top every holiday and I'd be happy as a clam if I could eat it this year! I'm willing to pick off those tasty onions but I can't work around the dairy in cream of mushroom soup, obviously.
I remembered reading on here that somebody used Imagine cream of mushroom instead, I think.
I tracked down the Imagine soup section at my health food store tonight, but they only had Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup. No sign of a regular plain ol' mushroom.
My question is: has anybody used the Portobello in this recipe (or a similar recipe)? Was it still tasty?
My dad doesn't want to give the dish a 'test-run' before Thanksgiving dinner and I'd feel kind of bad if my substitution idea made it icky.
Thanks everyone!
PS> I noted the earlier posts about adding cornstarch to thicken the soup for this recipe... gotta love this message board!!

--------------------
*IBS-D*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Green Bean Casserole Question - Help! new
      #226821 - 11/23/05 03:46 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

You could always make a small one for yourself, a one-person dish, that way you can customize it as much as you'd like!

Also, I think the portabella mushrooms might be quite delicious! Though, that's just my opinion

#226832 - 11/23/05 06:47 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I asked this question earlier in the week and here is the link to it so you can see the responses I got! green bean casserole

#226886 - 11/23/05 12:01 PM
cheval

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Western Washington

Thanks for the responses! I was confused whether folks had found a regular cream of mushroom soup by Imagine, rather than the Portabello.
My dad thinks the Portabello flavor will give it a quite different taste.
Hope it turns out well!

--------------------
*IBS-D*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review