All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Hot Fudge Brownies- Peanut or anyone else who has made these: are they good?-nt new
      #24372 - 10/24/03 02:56 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hot Fudge Brownies- Peanut or anyone else who has made these: are they good?-nt new
      #24374 - 10/24/03 03:29 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

I used to make these on Sundays and are my favorite!! I even freeze them in individual pieces and they taste just a good!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

#24386 - 10/24/03 07:45 PM
lithelady

Thanks so much Sheri. One other ?: can you really eat nonfat frozen yogurt even though you have IBS? If so, you are soooo lucky!

That's the food I miss the most, since we still can eat chocolate in "safe" ways, thank goodness! Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any "safe" ways to eat ANY dairy products made from cow's milk [ have you discovered a "safe' way"????] and Tofutti just isn't the same. Sigh......ah well, I look forward to these brownies which I'm going to make tomorrow.

BTW, your dog is a cutie and the 2 of you take a very nice picture together.

--------------------

#24388 - 10/24/03 08:29 PM
MICHAELA

Reged: 08/22/03

Have you tried Soy Delicous "Ice Cream" it is wonderfully safe. The chocolate is incredibly yummy. I think it tastes better then the real stuff!!! Also Hersheys chocolate syrup is safe too. My hubby likes to eat a bannasplit with vanilla Soy Delicous Ice Cream and the chocolate syrup poured over it. Hope this helps.

Re: ice cream subs (was Hot Fudge Brownies) new
      #24429 - 10/25/03 04:08 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

The best ice cream sub I've found is WholeSoy Frozen Cultured Soy. It's soy frozen yogurt, so it's low-fat (1-3 grams per serving) but still rich and creamy. And it comes in nine flavors (Vanilla Bean, French Vanilla, Chocolate Hazelnut, Creme Caramel, Black Cherry, Mocha Fudge, Very Strawberry, Lemon-Ginger and Swiss Chocolate). If you can find this--I buy mine at Wild Oats--it's well worth the cost (though I always wait till it goes on sale).

Re: ice cream subs (was Hot Fudge Brownies) new
      #24432 - 10/25/03 04:32 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Rice Dream makes a number of flavors of ice cream. I tried the vanilla w/chocolate and almonds and liked it.

I really like their products. Just wish our supermarket would carry their sr. cream.

Marnie

#24508 - 10/27/03 05:01 AM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Lithelady,
Hello there. No, I can't have ANY dairy, but that was in the recipe. I find I don't need any with the brownies which I think I might make again in the next few weeks.

I have tried Soydream ice cream sandwiches which are really good. I haven't had dairy in about 9 months (lactose intolerant), so I have forgotten. I will admit, I do miss it from time to time, but it's better for me in the long run. :-)

Thank you for the compliment on my picture.

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

#24706 - 10/28/03 08:54 PM
lithelady

Hi all,
Thanks for the great suggestions about other options to satisfy my love (former!) of frozen yogurt. I'm going to try them all over the next few weeks.
BTW, the hot fudge brownies are very yummy but next time I'm not going to put any mint extract into them b/c I just can't seem to get used to having my brownie taste minty! LOL

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review