All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just wanted to share that I loooove these muffins!
      #226574 - 11/21/05 08:53 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

I just wanted to share with everybody how much I really love these muffins from the recipe index:

Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made them last weekend for the third time, and they were AWESOME. The first time I made them, they didn't turn out so well (I baked them for too long so they were like hockey pucks, and I accidently left out the cocoa! ) but the last two times they have been really good. One mistake I did make the first time and then again this time was using paper muffin cups which they tend to stick to. This last batch, though, was no problem once they completely cooled down (guess we were just a little too eager at first, hee hee).
Can't wait to make these again, I love taking them in my lunches and having something safe and quick that also satisfies my mid-day chocolate craving!

Enjoy!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just wanted to share that I loooove these muffins! new
      #226605 - 11/22/05 06:14 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Awesome!! I guess it's about time I try those, eh??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Me too! new
      #227047 - 11/24/05 11:58 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I agree about paper -- DO NOT bake them this way. If you're like me and too cheap to buy the foil muffin cups, just spray the muffin pan and go cup-less. (Typing that disturbed me but I'm not exactly sure why.) Otherwise, when you're at work and eating one, someone will walk in as you are gnawing pieces off the paper lining, and this can be really embarrassing, especially if you hastily pull the muffin paper away from your face and you have chocolate crumbs on your nose. Not that this has happened to me.

Oh, and you do have to bake them forever. I thought 30-40 min for MUFFINS?? but, yeah, actually I took them out at 40 minutes and they were still runny inside. I probably baked them for closer to an hour.

Mmmm, I need to make these again. How do you think these would be with Teecino instead of decaf instant coffee? How much Teecino would you use?

I think we should have a poll to see whose recipes have made everyone gain the most weight. I can't decide between Kree or Casey.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review