All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Some cooking questions... new
      #225291 - 11/15/05 06:27 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks Casey! I think the cast iron skillet is one I am going to ask for from her. She has one and would love to get me something she raves about all the time! I didn't know that about thawing things though! That's crazy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#225292 - 11/15/05 06:29 PM
Angela E.

Ashley I actually have one from Pamperd Chef and love it! I have been thinking about a new slow cooker. Mmmm so many ideas. She will have a list a mile long!

Re: Anything from Pampered Chef if you like to bake! new
      #225293 - 11/15/05 06:31 PM
Angela E.

Rachel I love Pampered Chef things! I actually want to have another party so that I could get some new things. Maybe I'll do one before the holidays! That would be fun!!

#225297 - 11/15/05 07:12 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

If you're looking for lower-end non-stick (I can't afford Calphalon either), I have Wearever non-stick pans. They're four years old and still look great.

I have a double boiler but never use it. One of those pre-IBS wedding gift things I never use. It sits up on a shelf right next to the deep fryer. I initially wanted it because I used to melt chocolate so much.

If you think you want a cast iron pan, do a search on Google on their care. You can't just scrub it out with lots of soap and a sponge. I personally get kinda grossed out by cast iron pans.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pampered Chef new
      #225299 - 11/15/05 07:15 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

It would be a great way for your guests to do some Christmas shopping!

Do you have plenty of pyrex dishes? What about the ones that come with an insulated holder? We do a lot of potlucks so those come in very handy.

I think my favorite kitchen item is a Kitchenaid Mixer. They are pricey but they last forever...you can pass them down for generations.

Someone else (I think Dr. Spice ) mentioned a wok. I have one too and I love it.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

I didn't know it either! new
      #225303 - 11/15/05 07:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Adam's father was just telling me about that this past weekend... I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'm going to! It's too weird not to!

Slow cooker..... new
      #225326 - 11/16/05 03:34 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If you don't have one of those, go for that! I don't know how I'd live without mine! LOL

lets see.. new
      #225330 - 11/16/05 04:18 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

I don't use nonstick so can't speak there.. but I love my All Clad pots and pans! as to the rest:

cast iron is cheap, durable and oh so usable.. I love it.. DH hates cleaning it... same with my stoneware- they both really make a difference in cooking!

double boiler- a glass bowl over your favorite pot will work.. or a metal one even!

As to other gadgets:

Ice cream maker.. meijers carries a 20$ one that works well.. and doesn't need more then ice and salt, but has a motor, so no storing in the freezer of a big ring! and you can make multiple batches in a short period.. one of yours adn one with dairy...

bread maker... I can't wait to replace ours...

I use the food processor and mixer a lot too...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Anything from Pampered Chef if you like to bake! new
      #225331 - 11/16/05 04:19 AM
khyricat

oh thanks for the reminder... I love their stuff and my apple parer/corer/ slicer is a lifesaver.... preps apples for anything even nukable applesauce in next to no time!

If you have a party- invite me?? DH will kill me but I can see spending money at one!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

tell me about it.. new
      #225332 - 11/16/05 04:21 AM
khyricat

mom never had one growing up but I can't live without them- we have 3 in 3 sizes and sometimes more then one is going on a given day.. and with me probably going on afternoons it will become how to make dinner.. I can start it in the AM and DH can finish it in the evening or I can stop it before bed and have it the next day!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 349 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review