All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mayo
      #221485 - 10/26/05 01:37 PM
grayce

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: Randolph, NJ

Ok folks, New the the website but I love it. My IBS has been around for years and years and have found a gastro who is great.. Here's my Q - any ides on mayo or mayo substitutes... I don't use much but in chicken salad it kills me... THANKS
Grace
ISB~D

--------------------
Grace
ISB~D
Namaste

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mayo new
      #221503 - 10/26/05 04:44 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome to the site! Mayo's an easy one - use reduced-fat or fat-free. Personally, I'd only use fat-free if your salad is going to be really well-seasoned, because ff can be a little... bland. I use a low-fat one that's only 2g fat per serving (now I don't remember the brand name, but it used to be Just2Good, so maybe someone else can fill in what it is now) and I think it's fantastic in salads.

#221576 - 10/27/05 10:03 AM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

For salads I try and use a fat free version. For smaller quantities like a sandwhich or part of a sauce, I use Spectrum's Eggless Vegan Light Canola Mayo. It's 3.5 grams of fat per serving. They carry the brand in my regular grocery store in the "natural" foods section and I can also find it at Whole Foods.

--------------------
Lins

I saw a soy-mayo in my HFS. Mayo isn't my favorite so I didn't bother looking at the label... new
      #221595 - 10/27/05 10:39 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am certain it is free from dairy etc. I was in the IBS friendly section of the store.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Free from dairy, but... new
      #221602 - 10/27/05 11:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Usually they're just as high in fat as regular (non-fat-free) mayo, because they're made with lots of soybean oil. So you could use it, but you'd have to use it VERY sparingly... personally, I'd just go with the reduced-fat stuff and be done with it.

By the way, the brand I use is just Hellmann's Reduced-Fat. It should have 2 or 2.5g fat per serving.

#221603 - 10/27/05 11:26 AM
grayce

Reged: 10/21/05
Loc: Randolph, NJ

thanks so much. I love this site, check it almost daily

--------------------
Grace
ISB~D
Namaste

#221640 - 10/27/05 04:01 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Welcome to the site! Mayo's an easy one - use reduced-fat or fat-free. Personally, I'd only use fat-free if your salad is going to be really well-seasoned, because ff can be a little... bland. I use a low-fat one that's only 2g fat per serving (now I don't remember the brand name, but it used to be Just2Good, so maybe someone else can fill in what it is now) and I think it's fantastic in salads.

It's Hellmans, the one with the green top! That's what I use, too. It's never bothered me.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#221707 - 10/27/05 10:48 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I use vegenaise. You have to watch the ingrediants on the mayo - I can't take any egg yolk at all anymore, so I use Vegenaise and it is a completly vegitarian mayo. I get it at my local health food store. I think it actually tastes better than regular mayo.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review