All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI) new
      #220766 - 10/22/05 03:46 PM
aimsies

Reged: 10/20/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

You know, I just thought of that today when I was at the supermarket. Rice milk does come in Vanilla. I think that I am going to give it a try. Do you think that it will be thick enough?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

me too today-nt- new
      #220768 - 10/22/05 05:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Time for me to make them again! -nt- new
      #220807 - 10/23/05 08:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Oh my gosh, there are so many recipes I have to try now!! new
      #220851 - 10/23/05 04:04 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

We just got our oven hooked up so I can finally cook in peace whatever and whenever I want!
I haven't really taken advantage yet but after reading all these recipes and remembering how many I wanted to try before, I must must must try these!
I have a short week next week so I think I will make some breads and other things to take to work with me and stuff.
I am so excited, thanks so much to everyone who posted here, so many great ideas!

Oh, I love the peppermint fudge cake!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI) new
      #222111 - 10/30/05 10:30 AM
aimsies

Reged: 10/20/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

So I gave this delicious recipe a try, it was soooo good. I had to use rice milk, and it was quite liquidy, so it wouldn't have been ideal for making the actual pie, but it tasted great as a pudding snack. Thanks for the info!!

Well, I tried two last week... new
      #222176 - 10/30/05 09:21 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

1) Will's Rice Pudding Recipe: Now this one was going to be tough for me as I have never liked rice pudding, but I thought I would give it a shot as I would like something for breakfasts.
Unfortunately, I did not like it. BUT that doesn't mean it's not good! I did serve it to my mom, my friend and Adrian and they all liked it. I did find it really bland at first, I think I didn't have enough lemon zest, so I added some lemon juice and that made it better in my books.. 'cause I LOVE lemon.

2) Italian Tuna.. um, pasta salad... noodle, something..
(Sorry, I don't have the book on me right now so I can't remember the exact name! )
This one I didn't have all the veggies for, but I made it anyway and I think it turned out pretty well. I used one of those plastic juice squeezer thingies to get all the lemon juice and it was REALLY lemon-y. Especially the next day, the tuna was pretty sour as I think it absorbed like crazy! I love lemon-y things, but I think it might be a bit strong for some people. I had it for lunch and dinner, though, so I liked it!

Next thing I am going to make is the corn bread! I was gonna make it already, but then I realised my soy milk is vanilla and I thought that might be icky.

So there are my reviews!
I can't wait to make the peppermint fudge cake again.. I had a dream the other night that I got married and had a huge wedding cake of peppermint fudge cake, and since then I have had a real craving, hee hee!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Pumpkin apple spice bread new
      #222271 - 10/31/05 10:16 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

This is my favorite so far of everything I tried. This is moist, delicous and keeps so well. Also, it is nice and filing - it will hold me over until lunch time. And the best part is its sweet and just like a muffin without all the fat, calories and pain!!!

Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Favorite Recipes From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"? new
      #323484 - 01/29/08 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, I'm gonna have to try the Open-Face Chesapeake Crab Cake Sandwiches..... I have yet to do that....

Quote:

1. Banana bread - my absolute favorite, even my neighbors who think I eat the strangest things love it!! I love it because it is good for breakfast or even just to snack on.
2. Sweet-Tart Orange Cranberry Bread - yummy yummy yummy...its like a dessert you can have for breakfast.
3. Open-Face Chesapeake Crab Cake Sandwiches - my husband HATES crab, but cannot get enough of these sandwiches
4. Honey Glazed Snack Mix - I make this once a week for when I get a craving for something crunchy
5. Banana Chips - these are great. I hate fresh banana's but I love these.

Thats all I have for now...I am realatively new to all this, so every week, I try at least one new recipe from the book, one attempt at adapting an old recipe and one off line, then I keep some of our old favorites in so my husband doesn't go on new-tastes overkill...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: OK... here are my top 5....(not in order) new
      #323539 - 01/30/08 06:54 AM

Unregistered

How did you get your potatoes to get crispy??? I tried this and they didn't get crispy no matter how long I cooked them

Re: OK... here are my top 5....(not in order) new
      #323544 - 01/30/08 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

OK... here are my top 5....(not in order)

• Crunchy Skillet-Browned Garlic New Potatoes, Page 118
    I use red, and you have to be patient while the water evaporates.

• Peppermint Fudge Cake, Page 246
    YUMMY!! (but Heather makes it the BEST, trust me I've have it two different times when she has made it... must be her magic touch!)

• Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake, Page 242-243
    So moist and yummy...the Sweet Orange Icing is a MUST!! Great for Easter!!

• Sweet Mango And Roasted Tomato Salsa, Page 67
    this is great with and without mango, you could also use peaches. I've also used this to put over white rice and chicken as well.

• Sweet Cherry Almond Cake, Page 257
    This is SO GOOD...I will be trying this with plums, maybe to bring for Christmas.

Quote:

How did you get your potatoes to get crispy??? I tried this and they didn't get crispy no matter how long I cooked them

Ya know.... I don't recall... it's been a long time since I made them. Maybe it was the type of pan? I don't remember if I used non-stick or cast iron?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 167720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review