All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Husband Cleaning??? new
      #220702 - 10/21/05 06:39 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Your husband cleans the kitchen??? Where can I buy one of those cleaning husbands? Of course, if he did clean, I would probably be missing my copy of EFI...

LOL.....me too!! Shane is NOT ALLOWED to do dishes....(we don't have a dishwasher, can you imagine)... however, he DOES do the floors!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Banana Cream Pudding new
      #220703 - 10/21/05 06:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Hi there,
I am pretty new here and I am looking for a recipe for Banana Cream Pudding.
Would You mind sharing this recipe?
I searched for it, however, I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am searching in the wrong place.

Thanks Aimsies

That recipe is From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"..part of a pie recipe.... I don't have my book with me right now am at work...hehehe but if someone else does not beat me to it...I will post it later for you.

Working on this right now for ya....

--------------------

Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI) new
      #220705 - 10/21/05 06:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi there,
I am pretty new here and I am looking for a recipe for Banana Cream Pudding.
Would You mind sharing this recipe?
I searched for it, however, I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am searching in the wrong place.

Thanks Aimsies

That recipe is From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"..part of a pie recipe.... I don't have my book with me right now am at work...hehehe but if someone else does not beat me to it...I will post it later for you.

Working on this right now for ya....

Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI)

2 firm-ripe bananas
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose unbleached white flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups vanilla soy milk
5 organic egg whites, lightly beaten until frothy
1 tablespoon vanilla

Thinly slice bananas set aside. In a large heavy double boiler whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in milk, scraping around sides with a rubber spatula as necessary and set pan over boiling water. Cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and carefully whisk several large spoonfuls of hot pudding into the egg whites to temper them. Add the egg mixture back to the pan of pudding and whisk well to thoroughly blend. Return the pan to the heat whisk constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Fold sliced bananas into cooked pudding mixture and spoon into 8 decorative glasses. Chill

*Chocolate Variation: Add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar to the dry ingredients.

--------------------

add cornbread to my list- nt new
      #220710 - 10/21/05 07:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Orange Corn Bread aka Simple Sweet Cornbread Page 113 From EFI new
      #220727 - 10/22/05 06:45 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thank you Shell! Guess where we found it this morning?? On one of the bar stools! It was pushed in under the island and we couldn't see it! I am actually eating a piece of cornbread right now. MMMMMM it is really good!

Re: Husband Cleaning??? new
      #220728 - 10/22/05 06:47 AM
Angela E.

LOL! I can't complain too much because he is pretty good about picking up. Especially when things start looking really bad which happens often in our house with us both working and a 21 month old!

Re: Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI) new
      #220733 - 10/22/05 08:02 AM
aimsies

Reged: 10/20/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Thank you so much for the recipe. Ever since I heard about it I have been looking forward to making it. I do have a question though, I find that I am still sensitive to soy milk. I have been slowly introducing it since I have a heck of a time digesting anything that has to do with any kind of beans. Do you think that I could use Lactaid brand 2% milk and add an extra 1/2 tbsp of vanilla? Do you know if anyone has ever tried using a variation?
Thanks so much!

Amy

Re: You could also try these Sloppy Joes ... new
      #220751 - 10/22/05 12:33 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

It is your receipe and I make them ALL the time - they are easy and very, very good!!

Re: Banana Creme Pudding (From Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie Page 244-245 EFI) new
      #220752 - 10/22/05 12:36 PM
Angela E.

I would not use Lactaid milk because it still contains things in it that will bother an IBS tummy. What about rice milk? I think that come in vanilla. If not you could always just add extra vanilla flavoring to it!

sloppy joes new
      #220756 - 10/22/05 02:18 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I made the sloppy joes (w/ TVP) from the newsletter and thought that they were terrific.

However, they made a LOT, so I ate them leftover the next day as well. They didn't taste as good, which I didn't mind, but I found that I now had little crunchy bits in it, like little pieces of glass. I had just refrigerated it, not frozen it, and microwaved it before eating. I don't understand why they would have gotten that way when they weren't like that the day before. Anyone else have this problem?? I thought maybe it was the TVP, which I have never used before, but if it wasn't crunchy on day 1, why would it be crunchy on day 2??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 167705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review