All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Favorite Recipes From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"? new
      #220032 - 10/18/05 09:06 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Okay, I'm a quick bread junkie...and I love bananas... Soooo, the Brown Sugar Banana Bread is right there at the top of my list. The Simple Sweet Cornbread is the best cornbread I've tasted, hands down (and every non-IBSer who's ever tasted it agrees!) I also LOVE the peppermint fudge cake (and it's so unique!). I also really like the yummy Chinese sweet corn and crab velvet soup...now that it's soup weather maybe it's time to make that again....

I regretfully admit I haven't tried nearly as many recipes out of EFI that I would like!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Favorite Recipes From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"? new
      #220037 - 10/18/05 09:28 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I don't know about you all - but my book won't stay in it's cover - it's falling apart. Well loved book!

Let's see...

1. Simple Sweet Cornbread. It's such a basic recipe that goes so well with many dishes. It's a hearty bread that makes anything a meal -- and it's so easy to make... delicious too!

2. Old-Fashioned Banana Creme Pie (I make it as Pudding every time). It is so yummy and satisfying. One of my hubby's fav desserts -- I add some vanilla wafers for him -- but it is just comfort food. It makes you feel like you're back at home and grandma cooked for you. Warm and yummy.. soothing to the tummy.... I LOVE it!

3. Lemon-Glazed Sticky Bread Wow! The flavor in this one just is amazing -- and it gets better the next day. I was a little afraid to try it but once I did - I was hooked. It is moist and wonderful!

4. Honey Glazed Snack Mix. I make this all the time. I have two boys (15 and almost 11) and they eat me out of house and home. They eat this like it is going out of style. We take it with us to church gatherings, road trips -- you name it - we bring it.

This is the hardest choice -- the last one...

#5....
Double Decker Sweet Potato Pecan Pie I was typing this and my son said, "I remember that. That was so good." We have it on our holidays. It was so nice to come up with a safe alternative that tastes so good. It may not be one that I make on a daily basis... but it is so wonderful -- I thought it deserved a mention.

Re: What Are YOUR Favorite Recipes From Heather's Book "Eating for IBS"? new
      #220052 - 10/18/05 09:58 AM
JackieK

Reged: 09/20/05

Do you have the recipe for the sloppy joes?

#220056 - 10/18/05 10:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Do you have the recipe for the sloppy joes?

All-American Sloppy Joes (from Newsletter)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#220061 - 10/18/05 10:38 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I love the Garden Veggie lomein! it is phenomenal..

I also love the fried rice recipe

and also the peppermint fudge cake of course!!

I was wondering.. has anyone tried the smoky black bean dip, or the green pea dip? how bout the crostinis? I've been interested in them all but haven't tried them!

Also.. good to hear the crab and corn soup is good steather. I've been wanting to try that too!

--------------------

#220080 - 10/18/05 11:37 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hey Ashley, you have me wanting to try the Garden Veggie lomein!! Actually, everyone on here has added to my list of must-trys....

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#220083 - 10/18/05 11:42 AM
Shell Marr

I'm so glad that others are listing items that they like...in "Eating for IBS" that was the whole point in posting this thread was to try and find out what others like...sometimes it is hard to READ a recipe and get excited about trying it. I've not tried one recipe of Heather's that I did NOT like.... I will list my fav 5 soon.... it will be hard to only pick 5...lol

Keep posting everyone.... this very interesting to me and am sure helpful for Heather to see this as well....feedback is so important.....

--------------------

#220095 - 10/18/05 12:10 PM
Maddie

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Boston , MA

the only recipes i made so far have been desserts, never baked anything before this and everyone thinks im an expert hehe

absolutely love the Banana Creme pie i brought this to a party everyone LOVED it!
Apple pumpkin spice bread, oh boy this was a BIG hit! gave some to my neighbors, they are asking me to make it again, defintely something i will bring to thanksgiving dinner

lemon loaf made this over the weekend, soo moist and lemoney..im on the 3rd day of eating it, hubby loves it too!

For my birthday my hubby made me the chocolate pecan cake w/raspberry sauce, boy was that good! rich and chocolately and the sauce on top excellent!

Going to have to make some of the dinner recipes now
thank you all for sharing your favorites!

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

#220113 - 10/18/05 01:04 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Could TVP be substituted for ground turkey???

One of my favorite is the very easy and quick cinnamon rolls - absolutely delicious!!

#220118 - 10/18/05 01:18 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Could TVP be substituted for ground turkey???

One of my favorite is the very easy and quick cinnamon rolls - absolutely delicious!!

Yes, you could use ground turkey (use breast for less fat)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 167705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review