All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here!
      #218296 - 10/08/05 11:17 AM
Wannabewell

Reged: 10/07/05

IBS and all of its' incapacitating conditions have been a part of my life for 25 years. I love to cook and try to cook healthy so I find many of the recipes posted here are very similiar to mine. I have to admit I was rather surprised to see some of the ingredients that are used, I would have thought they would be taboo! I think this whole site is fantastic, I admit I am having some difficulty figuring how to get around it and I am not familiar with some of the computer terminology, like threads,UBB code,etc. I have made some mistakes, hopefully will learn.
Thank you! :o [color:brown] [/color] [color:#666666] [/color] [color:#666666] [/color]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome! new
      #218300 - 10/08/05 11:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome to the boards! If you haven't already, do familiarize yourself with the Eating for IBS Diet - you'll find the link in the menu bar to the left - it's a must-read before you jump in and start cooking, as it will help you understand what ingredients ARE taboo and why the ones that aren't, aren't!

And don't worry - we were all newbies at one point or another, and the boards do take a little getting used to. You'll figure it out in no time!

Welcome again!

Welcome! new
      #218311 - 10/08/05 11:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

This diet is great for foodies. Get "Eating For IBS" and dig into the recipe index...there's ALOT of great food.

Re: Welcome! new
      #218331 - 10/08/05 03:11 PM
Wannabewell

[color:blue] [/color] Thank you, it is so nice to be part of such a helpful, understanding and friendly community!

#218472 - 10/09/05 10:55 AM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

You should checkout the IBS cookbook. I absolutly love it. I have not been disappointed yet by a recipe in there. I have only had the cookbook for a couple of months and already it is worn with love

#218872 - 10/11/05 07:58 AM
Wannabewell

Still trying to get figure this site out, keep getting lost!
Anyway, I have some questions regarding diet, does anyone have a problem with Soy? I have never used it before until a couple of days ago after reading about it here, I switched over to a soy yogurt from my usual non-fat dairy type. I also started drinking Fennel Tea new also, I usually drink Chamomile, Mint or Anise does Fennel have a laxative effect? Yesterday was brutal for me, right after I ate it, Gas, Bloating and "D" big time, the worst I've had in months. Ihave IBS/GERD. Any help would be aappreciated.
:confused:

#218901 - 10/11/05 09:20 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Soy can be hard to start, particularly if you didn't already have beans in your diet. Try starting very slowly - maybe one soy product every 3 days? You can also try Beano. Chances are that you just need to give your body time to learn how to digest it.

Fennel doesn't have much of a laxative effect - it mostly helps with gas. However, if you have GERD you may want to avoid mint tea since it can make your GERD worse. Also note that you don't have to stick with the "medicinal" teas: most other herb teas are fine to drink!

--AC

Re: Welcome!/Soy, Fennel Tea new
      #218915 - 10/11/05 10:17 AM
Wannabewell

Thank you so much Astro Chick, I'm stupid, I never stopped to think that Soy is made from beans, I have never been able to tolerate any beans well. Yes I will avoid the mint teas till I'm over the GERD,I drank it to relieve the awful Gas pressure/Bloating that I got after eating the soy yogurt. The GERD is something new that has developed so I'm busy trying to find what to eat for both the IBS and GERD problems. I have ordered the Acacia fiber and the IBS book so hopefully they will help. Are there any problems I should expect with the Acacia Fiber?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3952

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review