All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
has anyone made Heather's zucchini bread with cocoa?
      #215293 - 09/22/05 07:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am making my last batch for the year tomorrow and am thinking of trying chocolate. What do you think?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not Heather's zucchini bread, but I make a GF chocolate zucchini bread all the time. new
      #215315 - 09/22/05 09:11 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I'm addicted I can tell you that. I've never made it with wheat flour so can't tell you how it would turn out, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good. The original recipe called for way to much oil so I adapted it to be IBS safe and you can't tell the difference.
If anyone is interested I'll post the recipe. It calls for the zucchini to be peeled. You don't even know it's in there.

That reminds me..I better use up the zucchinis I have in the fridge before they go bad.

Kandee

--------------------

Re: has anyone made Heather's zucchini bread with cocoa? new
      #215513 - 09/23/05 06:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok I replaced 1/2c out of 3 cups flour with cocoa and added a tablespoon extra flour, but I am not sure if that was needed. I wouldn't add that extra flour next time. It is good. I made 1 loaf and 12 muffins since I doubled the recipe. the muffins bake for 25 min. I think it needs frosting now.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

yes, post please! -nt- new
      #215523 - 09/23/05 07:52 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: has anyone made Heather's zucchini bread with cocoa? new
      #215545 - 09/23/05 11:20 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Ok I replaced 1/2c out of 3 cups flour with cocoa and added a tablespoon extra flour, but I am not sure if that was needed. I wouldn't add that extra flour next time. It is good. I made 1 loaf and 12 muffins since I doubled the recipe. the muffins bake for 25 min. I think it needs frosting now.

Sounds good. Wasn't that hard, was it?

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 660 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1494

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review