All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is soy cream cheese terrible?
      #21331 - 09/20/03 10:32 PM
i_never_tan

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: Connecticut

Hello!! I'm new to this board. I have Chrons and IBS, and have been having diarrhea between 10 - 15 times a day for 31/2 months. Just received the peppermint tummy tea in the mail today, and I've been preparing recipes from Heather's book! I haven't eaten food this good in a long time. My question is: Is soy cream cheese terrible. I had purchased some a couple of years ago, and it looked and tasted like a block of plain, firm tofu. I have a mental block about tofu. I was wondering if there have been any improvements lately. I live in southeastern Connecticut, and being in an isolated part of the state, things aren't readily available to us. Thanks for any assistance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is soy cream cheese terrible? new
      #21332 - 09/20/03 11:51 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

To be honest, I've never had soy cheese plain. I have had soy cheese on a pizza with sauce and vegetables, and absolutely loved it. I almost thought it was better than regular cheese because it wasn't as greesy to me. Try it first mixed with something so in case you don't like it plain, you won't have a mental block against trying it mixed.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Try Tofutti Brand new
      #21337 - 09/21/03 07:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

This is the brand I use.... and really can't taste the difference between this and the real creamy stuff (not the block)

TOFUTTI - BETTER THAN CREAM CHEESE® is similar in taste and texture to traditional cream cheese, but is milk and butterfat free and contains no cholesterol. It is as versatile as real cream cheese, whether spread on a bagel or used in any favorite recipe. The 8 oz. retail packages are available in Plain, French Onion, Herbs & Chives, Wild Berry, Smoked Salmon, Cheddar, Garlic & Herb, and Garden Veggie. The plain version is also available in 30 lb. bulk boxes. The product is sold in many health food stores and select supermarkets around the country.

I also use their sour cream.... here is the website for more info. http://www.tofutti.com/productLine.asp

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Is soy cream cheese terrible? new
      #21338 - 09/21/03 07:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I like Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese - I just had the garlic & herb on a plain bagel. Very yummy!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review