All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Angelic Egg Whites--esp. for Retrograde
      #211898 - 09/08/05 08:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Retrograde:

I'm trying to add more easily digestible protein to my diet as I'm craving it so fiercely. I thought I'd share my fun with hard boiled egg whites, today. I think I'll call them "Angelic Egg Whites" (versus devilled eggs)

Stuff hard boiled egg whites with a spiked spinach puree.

Green eggs, lol. I'll skip the ham, though! It's great with the chili sauce, you're right! Dijon, of course. Even a whisper of wasabi. Herbs added to the green puree really make a huge difference. I played with a little Mrs. Dash and Shell Marr is right when she says it makes a difference.

I'm just sighting a few fatfree mayo alternatives (Mayo really disagrees with me).

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmmmm.... new
      #212912 - 09/13/05 07:45 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

You know what, this sounds amazing. And I'm usually totally disgusted by hard boiled egg whites. (To get the things down I usually have to scramble em and "fry" them until they're crispy so they don't make me think of icky slimy egg whites, lol) But I've *never* thought of stuffing them! This is brilliant. I haven't been eating much eggs lately, but I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks! (Love the name too - very clever! )

Re: Mmmmm.... new
      #212972 - 09/13/05 12:12 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It's great if you blend in a wee bit of wasabi. I'm going to try a frittata, as you recommended, for the next time I do egg whites. Whipping them makes a huge fluffy difference. An orange sauce is pretty good with tuna, incidentally, as is a carrot/beet sauce (mock-tomatoe) sauce. Sometimes (yes, you may chuckle), these pureed veg./sauces, depending on their content, resemble cake icing. LOL! Pass the green frosting--my nuclear peptites are offline.

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1926

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review