All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's Cooking? - Week of 9/5/05
      #211748 - 09/08/05 10:02 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I'm finally able to start cooking again. Didn't see another started, so hopefully this isn't a dupe.

This week, on Saturday to be exact, I am FINALLY going to try Alicia's Pineapple Angel Food Cake. We are grilling a turkey on Saturday to make room in the freezer, and in keeping with the theme, this will allow me to use up my Cool Whip to make more room! LOL Plus, I've always wanted to try this for 2 1/2 years now and it's just about darn time! I've always read great reviews, so I'm sure mine will turn out great also.

Anyone else cooking this week?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 9/5/05 new
      #211878 - 09/08/05 06:35 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

If I'm feeling up to it (been eating plain white rice since horrid horrid attack Monday ) I will be trying Chicken Paprikash -- I have potatoes AND soy sour cream to use up. I can't abide mushrooms though, so hoping that it will be OK even without.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#211929 - 09/09/05 06:03 AM
Maritimer

Reged: 09/07/05
Loc: East Coast Canada

Wednesday I made the Caribbean black Bean Pumpkin Soup and the Sweet Cinnamon Zucchini bread, both are great. Last night I made the Rice noodle salad with Shrimp and Mango - I totally loved it. DH liked it too but thought of it more of a lunch meal.

Pineapple Angel Food Cake - Review new
      #212349 - 09/11/05 08:55 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Outstanding!!! This was SO easy and everyone loved it. I made 2 loaves and froze half also, so I'm not stuck with a TON of cake leftovers.

Great recipe!

Re: What's Cooking? - Week of 9/5/05 - review new
      #212447 - 09/11/05 06:42 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

am really really sick but especially sick of rice, so I decided to try Simple White Bread to make it feel like I was "experimenting". I make bread all the time but this one is different in that it uses more water and less flour plus all the rise times.

Well, this one didn't turn out so hot. 3 cups flour just wasn't enough. I ended up kneading in about 1/2 C more. It could've used more. Anyway, it was OK. Not great. I also skipped the egg wash.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#212488 - 09/11/05 08:35 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Hey Maritimer. You are a busy woman. Where can I find the recipe for the soup? It sounds yummy but a search didn't turn up anything. What kind of pumpkin did you use? (One of these days I'm going to experiment with cooking with a REAL pumpkin!)

#212527 - 09/12/05 04:32 AM
Maritimer

Quote:

Hey Maritimer. You are a busy woman. Where can I find the recipe for the soup? It sounds yummy but a search didn't turn up anything. What kind of pumpkin did you use? (One of these days I'm going to experiment with cooking with a REAL pumpkin!)

I used a can that said 100% pumpkin (no other ingredients or preservatives). Also, fresh cilantro and real lime are the key here, lots of it tastes great! Here is the link to the recipe
http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/heathercooks/heather_cooks_recipes2.asp#soup

Re: Pineapple Angel Food Cake - Review new
      #212546 - 09/12/05 06:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks. I make it in 24 cupcakes and freeze them. Perfect for lunches or treats or surprise desserts.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Pineapple Angel Food Cake - Review new
      #212575 - 09/12/05 07:51 AM
Maritimer

Quote:

Thanks. I make it in 24 cupcakes and freeze them. Perfect for lunches or treats or surprise desserts.

ooh, great idea. I think I will try that! Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4981

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review