All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rich's nondairy creamer
      #210746 - 09/02/05 06:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Maybe I am a doofus but I just found this stuff today and it says you can whip it like cream. I have been looking for an alternative to cool whip or whipped cream for a while. I can't say as Rich's sounds good for you but it doesn't have HFCS. There is a gram of fat per tablespoon (same as soy creamer).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rich's nondairy creamer new
      #210795 - 09/03/05 09:20 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I poked around a little and apparently this is made from soy if I'm reading things right. I found the company's Website and although I don't see ingredient listings, they seem to have other non-dairy products also. Cool. Thanks, Tamara.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Rich's nondairy creamer new
      #210945 - 09/04/05 05:12 PM
Little Minnie

Not really soy, it is similar to cool whip- water, corn syrup and oil, but it is soybean oil. The corn syrup is not HFCS so in that way it is better than cool whip. It also has a lot of multisyllabic ingredients at the end! but it freezes, whips and is very cheap! .99

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

That stuff looks great! -nt- new
      #211074 - 09/05/05 01:39 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I've used this new
      #211121 - 09/05/05 06:19 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I made chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. The only time I made "vanilla-based" ice cream that didn't taste like ughyucksoy! But, I swear that I looked at the contents afterwards and realized for some reason that it wasn't safe. ??? Will have to go back and look now.

Tamara, you can make homemade Cool Whip w/o HFCS or milk traces. I don't make it because it requires powdered soy milk and I can't get it anywhere but the overpriced health food co-op. It is like $9 for the carton. aggghhhh

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Homemade Cool Whip? new
      #211130 - 09/05/05 06:41 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Jen, how do you make this homemade Cool Whip? I don't remember hearing about that and couldn't find it when I did a search. I'd love to hear more.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Homemade Cool Whip? new
      #211362 - 09/06/05 04:06 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

this recipe calls for powdered "regular" milk, but you can use powdered soy milk. I tried using the generic powdered soy milk from the bulk bins, and I wasn't crazy about the taste. With a better brand and some vanilla I think it would be good. It's pretty high in fat but I imagine you could omit some of the oil.

There are some other fake Cool Whip recipes out there if you Google it -- I didn't have much luck with the variation that uses lemon juice and cream of tartar. I couldn't get it to do much other than resemble heavy cream. Tasted good though.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

I'll have to try sometime!- nt new
      #211428 - 09/06/05 07:16 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review