All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I posted this month's Cooking Light recipes
      #208589 - 08/25/05 03:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

but I must say there are always other safe recipes in each issue I do not post. Sometimes there are just so many and some of them are things I wouldn't eat personally.
They have several duck breast recipes. I was surprised how low in fat they are! It seems a duck breast must have about 3 grams of fat or so?! Yet some might not do well with them since they are sort of dark meat. I will try sometime.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Duck Question? new
      #208657 - 08/25/05 11:04 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Out of curiosity (and the fact I LOVE duck) what is the fat content of the parts of the duck that is not the breast?

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Duck Question? new
      #208807 - 08/26/05 10:53 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

My "Book of Food Counts" (copyright 1988, but I don't imagine these things change over time) says:

Duck, domestic, raw, meat only, 4 oz: 150 calories, 6.7 grams of fat, so 60.3 calories from fat - 40.2% of calories from fat
Duck, domestic, roasted, meat only, 4 oz: 228 calories, 12.7 grams of fat, so 114.3 calories from fat - 50.1% of calories from fat
Duck, wild, raw, breast meat only, 4 oz: 140 calories, 4.8 grams of fat, so 43.2 calories from fat - 30.9% of calories from fat

Not really symmetrical - the domestic isn't just for breast meat - but it's a start.

Based on entries for other poultry like chicken, "meat only" seems to mean without eating the skin. I assume the roasted is higher because some of the fat from the skin cooks into the meat. Since LittleMinnie's recipes call for skinless duck breasts, this shouldn't be a problem.

HTH. (I hate duck.)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

And I found this (m) new
      #208923 - 08/26/05 03:19 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

which is kind of a cool Website:

Nutrition Data

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: And I found this (m) new
      #208961 - 08/26/05 05:16 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Thanks Sand for all the info..I've had this website bookmarked for sometime now..don't know why I didn't think to check it..plus a big thick Nurtibase book that probably would have had the same data.

Duck doesn't look real LF no matter how you slice it..

soo..I guess a little goes a long way. Nonetheless, I don't have a problem with dark meat from a chicken or turkey so there's a little hope that now and then, if very stable, duck can be on my menu ...(not yours--LOL)
Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 231 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review