All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Teddy Grahams
      #201902 - 08/02/05 06:15 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I found these Honey Mini Teddy Grahams and I was wondering if youll could help me and see if they are safe? I think it is but I never taste anything that I am unsure of without asking you guys first.
INGREDIENTS:
enriched flour(wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron,thiamine, mononitrate) riboflavin, folic acid, sugar,soybean oil, graham flour, high fructose corn syrup,partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil, honey,maltodextrin, calcium carbonate,salt, baking soda, soy lecithin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Teddy Grahams new
      #201938 - 08/02/05 08:30 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm a Teddy Graham fiend. I eat them practically every day, and they never bother me. The only problems are the HFCS if you're sensative to that, which luckily I'm not. Also, they're just slightly over the 25% fat limit. But they're one of my favorite snacks, so I would recommend them anyway unless you're especially sensative to HFCS or fats. Enjoy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#202018 - 08/03/05 07:54 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Anytime I try to throw in processed type snacks like that with a little too high fat (but pretend it isn't) I feel yucky. I do it occassionally when I am desperate at a convenience store or something and I always regret it. I do better with buying Junior Mints (and a banana if they have it) than snack mixes or cookies that seem lowish in fat.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#202109 - 08/03/05 12:12 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

Thanks so much for your information. I dont have much time to talk now I have some Teddy's to eat

Minnie new
      #202569 - 08/04/05 04:32 PM
Kree

Minnie, it's funny how we're all different. I love Junior Mints but if I eat too many of those the milk bothers me.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Minnie new
      #202587 - 08/04/05 05:54 PM
Little Minnie

Casey says Junior Mints are dairy free. I don't have a box to look at though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Minnie new
      #202610 - 08/04/05 07:00 PM
Kree

Really?? Maybe I'm thinking of peppermint patties, then. I'll have to look into that! I used to love those!

--------------------

patties new
      #202643 - 08/04/05 07:39 PM
Little Minnie

I think patties have some dairy. I never thought there was any difference (I guess junior mints taste better IMO) until Casey said junior mints don't have dairy and patties do.

--------------------

#202921 - 08/05/05 02:29 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Pretzels and Honey T Grahams are my lunch almost everyday, after a banana, apple or applesauce........I mix them in a container, that way I have the sweet, salty mix, and with the added pretzels, and not just eating the T Grahams, your fat ratio is better . I try not to go over the recommended serving size, I believe for the ones on the box it's 24..........I only like the honey though!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#203104 - 08/06/05 07:09 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I went on a safari yesterday! I was determined to find me some Teddy Grahams. I do love them BUT one of the things I've been seriously avoiding is HFCS and I never found a brand of the Teddies without that in it. I made the safe Rice Crispy Treats with a cereal that had HFCS (forgot to check the label) and I was really gassy after eating them so I'm guessing this stuff doesn't agree with me. Is there a brand of Teddies without HFCS? By the way I am so annoyed by the ridiculous variety of foods that have HFCS added to them, just stupid IMHO........

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5048

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review