All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Casey -- chocolate cake for one
      #200139 - 07/27/05 04:37 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I mentioned being able to really taste the egg white in this ... well, I finally got around to using chocolate cake mix AND chocolate pudding mix (I used chocolate/vanilla 'cause that was all I had), and I can't taste the egg white at all. So, I guess, when in doubt, follow the instructions.

Thanks for sharing this! I haven't gotten fat from it yet, but I'm working on it.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL! new
      #200187 - 07/27/05 06:54 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've never been good at following directions, so I wouldn't be one to judge. I'm just glad you got it to work for you finally!

Casey... new
      #201515 - 08/01/05 04:35 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I tried doing a search for the recipe but couldn't find it. What I keep reading about it sounds like something I'd like to try. Any chance of getting you to share it yet again?

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Casey... new
      #201583 - 08/01/05 08:48 PM
atomic rose

I'm not sure why it didn't come up in the search... it's right here: Chocolate Cake for One Enjoy!

Thanks so much!!!! nt new
      #201595 - 08/01/05 10:11 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Casey -- chocolate cake for one new
      #201817 - 08/02/05 01:17 PM
shelley29

Reged: 08/25/04
Loc: Northeast, USA

Casey - I was so excited when I saw this... I tried it & felt bad the next morning. I went to a white cake mix, wondering if it was a chocolate overload & same thing. So then (as I REALLY wanted to indulge) I tried it in the middle of the day, as the first two times were shortly before bed. I even mixed in some acacia.. but, sadly I must admit, it didn't agree with me. I didn't feel horrible, but the next morning was quite uneasy. Anyone else experience difficulties???

--------------------
-shelley
take it one day at a time.

Re: Casey -- chocolate cake for one new
      #201892 - 08/02/05 05:33 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Make sure that it's a SAFE mix! I've found very few white cake mixes that are safe (most have dairy). Most of Duncan Hines' cake mixes are OK -- Devil's Food and Dark Chocolate Fudge for sure are safe. Their white cake mix is not. Make sure the pudding mix is safe, too. Generic pudding mixes almost always have dairy. (I am cheap so I always go for the generic stuff first, but in this case I couldn't.)

Mind you, cake mixes usually have lots of preservatives, so you may be sensitive to that.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

I was just going to mention that... new
      #201917 - 08/02/05 07:36 PM
atomic rose

You really do have to read labels like crazy. I'm lucky that my store-brand instant pudding is dairy-free, but only certain flavors. And Duncan Hines is the only cake mix I've found that doesn't contain dairy, and as Jen pointed out, again, only certain flavors.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Sadly, that's the way it goes sometimes, even with safe recipes!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review