All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Favorite casseroles
      #196630 - 07/17/05 07:19 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

If this has been done recently, let me know.

What's your favorite casserole? Or, if you're not into them, what's your favorite meal to make in mass quantity and freeze for consumption later?

Thought this would be an interesting poll....

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well... new
      #196639 - 07/17/05 07:57 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My favorite casserole dish, by far, is chicken pot pie. But that's just about the only thing that I never end up sticking in the freezer, so maybe that's not exactly what you were looking for.

With a household of just 2, pretty much everything I make is "mass quantity" and ends up getting frozen. In the freezer at pretty much all times is pasta sauce and some kind of curry, usually either chickpea or chicken. Curries reheat well - just add fresh rice made in the microwave.

Re: Well... new
      #196644 - 07/17/05 08:20 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Curries. Good idea. Mine is also a house of 2. I just don't have time to cook every night so trying to get in to freezing to make sure I have good food around.

BTW, love the new pix!

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Thanks! new
      #196651 - 07/17/05 09:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Every now and then, I take a good one. LOL!

I'm trying to think of other things I've made often that freeze well. It's hard for me to think of that kind of stuff in the winter, because I mostly just grill food every night these days. Chili is a good one - I didn't think of that right away because my bf doesn't eat it, so I never make it. Sweet and Sour Vegetables is another favorite... I don't think I've made it the same way twice, so just sub for any veggies you can't have with ones you can, it'll still be good.

I'll keep thinking. I'm more of a freeze-er in the winter, so like I said, it's hard for me to even remember what I used to keep in there, when my freezer NOW is full of nothing but turkey burgers and ice pops. Heh.

Re: Favorite casseroles new
      #197369 - 07/19/05 01:33 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I love casseroles. I can't explain it, but for some reason on Thanksgiving and Christmas my family eats almost entirely casseroles. I dunno, maybe it started with the traditional green bean one and spun out from there?

Other than the cream of mushroom- I think this one is ok. Maybe someone knows what to substitute in for it?

Summer Squash

1 lb summer squash
1 lb zucchini
¼ cup chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom
1 cup tofu sour cream
1 8oz herb stuffing
1.5 cup shredded carrot

Cook squash for five minutes in boiling salted water, drain. Combine soup, sour cream, carrot and onion fold into drained squash. Combine stuffing mix with ½ cup melted margarine. Place 1 half of mix in dish, spoon veggies on top. Sprinkle remaining stuffing mix over top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Re: Favorite casseroles new
      #197400 - 07/19/05 02:14 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Imagine soups makes a dairy-free creamy mushroom soup.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Thanks Kree! -nt- new
      #197420 - 07/19/05 03:23 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3735

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review