All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lunch meals??
      #193371 - 07/08/05 03:24 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Anyone have any suggestions for some quick lunches? I have been eating sliced turkey(98%fat free) from the deli with bread (and sometimes 1 piece of cheese for flavor); also peanut & butter sandwiches (low fat jelly); homemade turkey meatball sandwich (sometimes that does bother me - for whatever reason); Asian microwave meals. I am getting bored - please give me some suggestions so I do not stray to that gyros that I have been having a taste for

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lunch meals?? new
      #193381 - 07/08/05 03:46 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm not sure if this will be quick enough for you, although you could make it the night before... but I love to boil pasta, spray it with a generous amount of Pam spray and sprinkle some soy/rice parmesan cheese on it and mix! YUM! I usually have some fruit on the side for a bit of flavor.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#193399 - 07/08/05 04:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I eat a lot of turkey sandwiches and SBJs (soynut butter and jellies), so I understand your desire for something different! I copied this from another post of mine:

I'm a big fan of wraps. I just buy Louis Rich chicken (precooked and sliced!) and throw it in a tortilla with lettuce and tomato, then pour some fat-free Thousand Islands dressing over the top and roll it up!

Another idea is to mix canned tuna with some light or FF mayo and make a tuna salad sandwich. That's what I had for lunch today. I also added some chopped bread and butter pickles for some zip, garlic powder, and S and P.

Here are two more favorites of mine. I guess I never posted them here, which amazes me. I'll have to do that. But here's a link for now:

Chicken Waldorf Salad

Curried Chicken Salad

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#193410 - 07/08/05 04:10 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ooh, I thought of another interesting sandwich filling for you! It's a vegetarian version of tuna salad, made with mashed chickpeas!! It sounds weird, but believe me, it's sooo yummy.

Mock Tuna Salad

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#193791 - 07/10/05 09:13 AM

Reged: 01/05/05

Thanks for all of your input. I went into your site (Kree's IBS safe recipes) and am printing a stack.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review