All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
got the cool whip!! -nt- new
      #193348 - 07/08/05 01:59 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I hope you guys like it (LM and spicey) new
      #193500 - 07/08/05 08:53 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Now I'm all paranoid that I'm the only person who can eat this and NOT taste the egg! Haha.

OK, I tried it again! new
      #193502 - 07/08/05 09:10 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

This time I used 3 T of water and 1 T Egg Beaters. Perfection!

But, mind you, incredibly dangerous when I'm on the verge of the monthly PMS chocolate attack. We'll see if I can still zip up my pants in two weeks!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Chocolate Cake for One new
      #193527 - 07/09/05 01:03 AM
DMH

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Richland, Washington

Casey thanks for Posting this Awesome recipe, I have been looking for some type of choc cake that I could have for a while now. Now I need to make it so I can SOLOVE MY CRAVINGS. You are an Angel!
Thanks and Smiles , Dana

Yay! I'm so glad you got it to work! new
      #193554 - 07/09/05 05:45 AM
atomic rose

But I claim no responsibility for pants not zipping and things like that.

ok i just made this... new
      #193725 - 07/09/05 08:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

after a long night at work hehe.

I used devils food cake and pudding bc for some reason there wasn't any plain old chocolate (maybe devils food is chocolate who knows?!? i'm not generally a chocolate fan)

anyways.. it was good and made a fair amount of cake! someone let me know if they try it with vanilla or another flavor because I think i'd like that even better!

--------------------

I tried this with Lemon Supreme! new
      #193849 - 07/10/05 11:51 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I just tried this with the Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix and a box of instant vanilla pudding. Yum! I mixed 1/2 cup of the mixture w/ the 2 T water and 2 T egg substitute as directed. I didn't have a good mug, so I used a cereal bowl instead. No toppings or frosting, but the cake came out spongey and delicious! A+! Thanks again for this great idea, Casey!

Re: ok i just made this... new
      #193850 - 07/10/05 11:51 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Me too! and oh boy was it yummy! On a good day I might have to top it with a little SOy Delicious Chocoalte Obession. But you might have to call the EMT because I might pass out from chocolate indulgence!!!!!

OK, I just can't leave this alone! new
      #193910 - 07/10/05 06:34 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

So as I posted earlier ... the first time it was too "eggy", so I used 1 T EggBeater and 1 T water the next time, and it turned out great.

Well, today I made Better Than Hershey's Syrup and didn't really like it as a topping -- it wasn't that sweet and kinda runny. So I thought, great, how am I gonna use up half a bottle of liquidy dark chocolate stuff?

Well, I had an inspiration, and instead of 3 T water and 1 T EggBeater, I used 1 T EggBeater, 2 T water, and 1 T of Better Than Hershey's Syrup. My original cake mix was DH Dark Chocolate Fudge and Jello instant plain vanilla.

It came out SO GOOD this way. It was the best cake I've ever had on this diet. It was yummy and moist and very chocolate-y.

In fact, it was so good that I made it two more times this way today. So now I kind of feel like I'm going to throw up from all this sugar and chocolate roiling around in my stomach, but the PMS monster is feeling super serene right now.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

I'm going to have to try this tomorrow! new
      #193912 - 07/10/05 06:39 PM
atomic rose

I've been topping mine with the Hershey's Lite syrup, which is dairy-free, but like you described with that recipe, it's liquidy and kind of bitter. I bet it would work a LOT better in the cake instead of on it. You're a genius!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 297561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review